2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 6:37 PM by wan-H

PixelBender / possible to have optionals inputs ?

wan-H

Hi,

i m just testing pixel bender and i 'd like to know if it's possible to set input image4 as optional argument (i didn't see that in pixel bender's doc).

The effect i want to have is to composed an output from multiple sources ( couples of RGB + z-depth corresponding).

If i can't define optional input, i'll need 2 effects, one to compose a bitmap from 2 couples of sources and another to make a new z-depth which will match my new RGB to be able to do mutlipass and i suppose that will be less performant.

If input could be an array of image4 that could do the trick too, but if i've understanded well that's not possible (only array of float available).

Any advices are welcome...

WanH.

• 1. Re: PixelBender / possible to have optionals inputs ?
          Kevin Goldsmith Level 3

Sorry, Pixel Bender doesn't have a notion of optional arguments.

Totally understand what you are trying to do. You could do it as two separate kernels (one with three inputs and one with two inputs), which is how we'd do it, but also hear the request for an input which is an array of image4s.

Cool requests, we'll see what we can do.

thanks!

Kevin

• 2. Re: PixelBender / possible to have optionals inputs ?
            wan-H Level 1

thanks for your time ...That 's what I finaly did  and it works well.Pixel Bender is a very usefull tool and I wait impatiently for next release.

Wan-H

Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 12:52:27 -0600

To: erwanhubert@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: PixelBender / possible to have optionals inputs ?

Sorry, Pixel Bender doesn't have a notion of optional arguments.

Totally understand what you are trying to do. You could do it as two separate kernels (one with three inputs and one with two inputs), which is how we'd do it, but also hear the request for an input which is an array of image4s.

Cool requests, we'll see what we can do.

thanks!

Kevin

>