4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 4:44 AM by David_Powers

ANN: Upgrade Lorem and More for Dreamweaver CS5

David_Powers Adobe Community Professional

My Lorem and More extension, which inserts Lorem ipsum and other filler text into Dreamweaver pages, can cause Dreamweaver CS5 to crash in certain circumstances.

I have updated the extension to make it compatible with CS5. If you use Lorem and More, please download the updated version (1.3.0) from http://foundationphp.com/tools/index.php.

It's a free extension, and the new version is backwards compatible with all versions of Dreamweaver (apart from really ancient ones).

• 1. Re: ANN: Upgrade Lorem and More for Dreamweaver CS5
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

Wow David I never realized you had this type of extension.  Do you happen to have a version for InDesign?

• 2. Re: ANN: Upgrade Lorem and More for Dreamweaver CS5

No, I'm sorry. It's Dreamweaver only. I created it seven years ago, so it's a bit of a golden oldie.

• 3. Re: ANN: Upgrade Lorem and More for Dreamweaver CS5
              blv

Works intermittently in:

• DW CS5.5. (Version 11.5 Build 5344. Windows 7. Lorem and More 1.3.0.)
              • DW CS4 (Version 10.0 Build 4117. Windows XP Pro. Lorem and More 1.3.0.)
              • identical behavior in both

It works fine IF:

• I open a file, go immediately to Insert | Lorem & More | choose any combination of Type, Format and Amount and click OK;
              • I open a file, click anywhere in the file or move the cursor with the keyboard arrow keys and then choose Insert | Lorem.... (etc)

BUT, if I type any keyboard character, number, Enter, Space or Backspace, then Lorem & More will NOT work.

If I then close the file, reopen it and try Lorem & More again without first typing anything in the file, it will work.

EDIT: just discovered that it will work again if I give the focus to something outside of the Document window (for example, click on a file or folder name in the Files panel, launch Help, click in the CSS Styles panel or Properties panel), then repeat the Insert | Lorem... steps. Also, it works if I click on something outside the Document window, then click again in the Document window. So:

1. Type anything in the document
              2. Insert | Lorem....
              3. = FAIL

2. Click somewhere else in Dreamweaver to remove the focus from the Document window
              3. Insert | Lorem...
              4. = WIN

2. Click somewhere else in Dreamweaver to remove the focus from the Document window
              3. Click back in the Document window where you want to insert the lorem ipsum
              4. Insert | Lorem...
              5. = WIN

Message was edited by: blv

• 4. Re: ANN: Upgrade Lorem and More for Dreamweaver CS5

blv wrote:

BUT, if I type any keyboard character, number, Enter, Space or Backspace, then Lorem & More will NOT work.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this problem. Lorem and More works just fine in my Windows 7 64-bit setup, even if I type something into the page first.