0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 8:10 AM by lovejoyp

Can anyone tell me what the Wizard is doing when I run the Index Wizard?

lovejoyp Level 1

I am running RH8, Windows 7 and generating WebHelp.

The Wizard seems to be picking up the names of topics and making them keywords. Some of my topic names have no spaces in them and that’s the way they come into the Index. So, I assume I have to name all of my topics so that they come into the index correctly. Is that right?

I also seem to be getting HTML terms in my index. Some of it looks like formatting. What is happening there?

When the index is created by the wizard and I look at the Index pod I see the index keywords on the top of the pod. Some of the topics are in bold and some are not. The ones in bold do not have an entry in the bottom of the pod in the Topics for: area. These do not display when the help is generated. The unbolded items have an entry in the bottom of the pod in the Topics for: area. These items display when the project is generated. So, what’s happening here? Why are some topics bold and others not?

If you can point me to some Index info I’d be grateful. Yes, I wish I could take a class but that’s not likely to happen in this economy.

But this forum has the best people. I’d be dead without it.

Thanks.

Pat