1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 251 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 8:55 AM by Cyford Go to original post
      • 100. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
        Joe9inety

Hi Yeahsurelalala, it's a real shame that this was not a direct fix for you. The only other solution I could possibly suggested is first going to your 'Disk Utility' in Applications/Utilities (or use your search bar/spotlight to find it) and use the fix permissions option. Once completed, return back to the duplications process in the Applications Support folder. Hopefully this works… but that's as far as I got, as I resolved the/my issue.

• 101. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
          Karim Le Vallois

Hmmmmmm, I have tried EVERYTHING on here and still can't launch Dreamweaver - not a happy bunny!!!!!! Adobe really needs to put more resources into this as they will have a flood of complaints coming.....

• 102. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
            dlandfan1

I too, have tried all of the solutions and NOTHING works!!  sigh.  so frustrating.  Called tech support....was on hold for 35 min before anyone picked up.  Of course this was at 6:15 pm.....waited til 6:50...(mind you they close the north american support at 7 pm)  Tech said he would call back within an hour.  NADA!  great customer service huh?!  I don't get how come some of the fixes work for some people and others don't.

I'm running a Macbook pro 10.6.3 snow leopard.

• 103. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
              Karim Le Vallois Level 1

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 too - MBP Mid 2009.

• 104. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                cayennecode Level 1

The permissions solution also did NOT work for me.  I suspect it's a FileVault incompatibility, as I have FileVault turned on, and have experienced this before with other Adobe products.

It is company policy that we keep FileVault enabled, so I am locked out of CS5.  = (

• 105. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                  karim.le.vallois

I would say this is NOT a FileVault problem as I have it switched off.  Still not working by the way!!

Can we please have a progress report on this from a member of the Adobe staff!?

• 106. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                    digicide55

Don't have FileVault, none of these solutions worked for me.

I finally fixed this today by installing the HTML5 extension pack (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/html5pack.html)

• 107. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                      karim.le.vallois Level 1

Did you do the permission thing too? Just installed it too, but still not launching.

• 108. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                        Örongodis

Had the same problem. Never used File Vault. Did the manual permission set and on third try, it worked. Echoes the pain I had when installing CS3.

As many have noted, bad QA.

• 109. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                          karim.le.vallois Level 1

Can you please talk me through the permission thing that you did to get t to work the third time?

• 110. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                            digicide55 Level 1

I tried every solution on here (including the permissions, repairing permissions on the entire drive, and copying the saved preferences from the dreamweaver cs4 folder to the dw cs5 folder) a few days before installing the html5 extension.

• 111. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                              Grimm.nl

I got a brand new Macbook pro on tuesday (my first Mac!), already had the CS5 for Mac. Immediately installed CS5 web premium when I got it home, and it worked like a charm for 2 days.. this afternoon DW CS5 quit on me, showing the exact symptoms described here (no splash screen, only "dreamweaver" top left).

- I'm not running file vault

- I tried to set the permissions as described

- I downloaded and installed the html5 pack

- I restarted the system

no joy whatsoever...

WHY IS ADOBE NOT FIXING THIS???

sorry for shouting, but I'm frustrated.. DW is my main working tool, and now I can't use it. going back to CS4 means going back to Windows, as I only have CS4/Win. not doing that in THIS lifetime.

Adobe, do what we all pay you for and fix this TODAY! thanks.

• 112. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                Örongodis Level 1

I did what Nohl Lyons and other suggested:

1. In Finder, navigate to <your username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS5.
                                2. With the Dreamweaver CS5 folder selected, choose File > Get Info (Cmd+I).
                                3. If necessary, expand Sharing and Permissions.
                                4. Click the lock icon at the bottom right of the panel to make changes. Enter your Mac password when prompted.
                                5. Click the plus button at the bottom left of the panel, select your name in the dialog box that opens, and click Select.
                                6. Change the privilege for your name to Read & Write.
                                7. Click the lock icon to lock the Sharing and Permissions section.
                                Additionally, I selected "Use for included objects" (or whatever it's called on an English system).
                                • 113. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                  Grimm.nl Level 1

yep, did that too; no joy.

even de-installed and re-installed dreamweaver, to no effect. then I de- and re-installed the entire CS5 suite (took me an hour), again to no effect.

I can only get DW working again when I create another account and log in under that one.

this can NOT be right guys!..

• 114. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                    karim.le.vallois Level 1

Right, just spent ANOTHER few hours trying to sort it and still DOESN'T launch!!! My wife is nearly as angry at Adobe as I am!!

I'm going to start charging Adobe my time at this rate!!!!! Why is nobody from Adobe replying on this thread? When can we expect a patch / update!? This problem is not solved, so someone better be looking into it as there are a number of VERY unhappy clients here!!!

• 115. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                      Grimm.nl Level 1

Could become expensive for them, as I am already tracking time spent on this nonsense.. as long as the Adobe guys & gals are too lazy/disinterested/stupid to fix this, charging our time is a viable option.

3 years ago I had trouble installing CS3, eventually found the solution and gave it to:... Adobe

• 116. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                        cayennecode Level 1

Yeah this is a real bummer, I was looking forward to trying out the new html5 extension pack.

• 117. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                          cayennecode Level 1

Strange it does load on a standard account I just created.

• 118. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                            dlandfan1 Level 1

I have done the same thing.  I deleted the new install, first just dreamweaver, then the whole suite!  then I created a new account, re-downloaded just dreamweaver, installed and still didn't work. 

Adobe told me to go into safe mode and try to open the program.  LOL  like that's gonna work! 

• 119. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                              Grimm.nl Level 1

just received a Dreamweaver update through the adobe application manager, but does it solve anything? nooooooooo..... Is it just me, or am I dealing with amateurs here?

• 120. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                cayennecode Level 1

Do you guys also have CS4 installed?

• 121. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                  Nevegal Level 1

cayennecode wrote:

Do you guys also have CS4 installed?

Yes, I also have CS4 installed along side of CS5.

• 122. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                    karim.le.vallois Level 1

I also have CS4 installed at the moment, but have tried with it installed, without it installed, everything

• 123. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                      creacog - Level 1

+1, wishform filled - IMO this is a serious backward step for Dw.

I consider use of FileVault a best practice for MacBooks at least - those project files need protection should the device gets lost or stolen.

And sorry, but I am a little disappointed with the dismissive nature of responses from the CPs on this thread and lack of any engagement so far from Adobe.

• 124. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                        David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

creacog - wrote:

I am a little disappointed with the dismissive nature of responses from the CPs on this thread and lack of any engagement so far from Adobe.

Adobe Community Professionals tend to have expertise in how to use one or more Adobe programs. They are not software engineers with an intimate knowledge of how Adobe installation programs interact with different configurations of operating systems.

I fully sympathize with people who are having installation problems, but I don't have the technical expertise to resolve the issue. What I can tell you is that the Dreamweaver engineers have been informed by myself and at least one other ACP. But as far as I know, it's not so much a Dreamweaver issue as a problem with the installer. The installer is a separate program created by a separate team.

I can also tell you that a high proportion of beta testers were using Mac OS X, and testing involved installing and uninstalling new builds of Dreamweaver several times a month. Occasionally, testers did have installation problems. These were invariably caused by incompatible components from a previous build that had not been removed successfully. Uninstalling and then running the CS5 Clean script before reinstalling always fixed the problem.

I don't know what proportion of beta testers were using FileVault, if any, but it doesn't seem to be directly related, because some people are reporting problems even though they don't use FileVault. Nailing the cause of software failure is notoriously difficult. Unless you can identify steps to reproduce the problem 100% of the time, it means there are unknown factors affecting the situation. Until those factors can be identified, it's impossible to offer a solution.

• 125. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                          creacog - Level 1

@David: thanks for the reply. You time is appreciated, and there is certainly no expectation on my part for you to personally resolve an issue that is as far beyond your control as it is ours. I was just concerned that your previous replies did not seem to appreciate how important/critical FileVault is for those who are using it.

There seems to be a mix of problems. From this thread, it appears a core problem of permissions and some process required by Dw not having the right permissions to access the user's Application Support directory. Consistently, if your FileVault is on, there's nothing you can do other than turn it off at the moment to get Dw CS5 working. Which is undesire-able/impossible in the use case I mentioned previously. Additionally some people are clearly experiencing the same symptoms without FileVault in use.

I have Dw CS5 running fine* on my Mac Pro. And the FileVault problem on my MacBook Pro - just loaded with files for a week away from the office.

* Very occasionally Dw CS5 shows this symptom on my Mac Pro (no FileVault). But force-quit and re-launch clears it.

So there's one or more bugs at play. My main concern and hope is to find some indication that Adobe are working to fix it, and that inability to use FileVault does not become a permanent feature or precedent for the rest of CS.

thanks

• 126. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                            craigalyn Level 1

The CPs & Adobe's response reminds me of  BP's response to the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Blame everyone else and don't take resposibilty for their own failings.

And why isn't someone from Adobe monitoring these forums These forums and others are where the problems are discussed and where praise would be issued by their users  to Adobe if they knew someone was listening. After sale service or lack thereof is what can bring down a company or make the company a hero with it's customers.

• 127. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                              David_Powers Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

craigalyn wrote:

The CPs & Adobe's response reminds me of  BP's response to the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Blame everyone else and don't take resposibilty for their own failings.

Why do you think that I or any other community professional should take responsibility for an installation failure? Perhaps you're under the impression that ACP = Adobe employee. Community professionals are not Adobe employees. They are unpaid volunteers with expertise in one or more Adobe programs. I can help you with coding problems and understanding how to use Dreamweaver, but I'm not part of Adobe Technical or Customer Support.

It's also a bit rich to say that Adobe is blaming everyone else. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been an official Adobe response.

And why isn't someone from Adobe monitoring these forums

I agree that it would be helpful if Adobe did so. However, there are about 100 forums. Monitoring the posts in all of them would be a big undertaking.

The official forum monitored by Adobe staff is http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback.

• 128. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                Grimm.nl Level 1

This morning I posted a link to this discussion in the forum you mentioned, so now we wait (and in the meantime use Coda instead (and maybe stick with it)).

• 129. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                  Grimm.nl Level 1

YAY! solved it! that is to say, I solved my own issue, so maybe it will solve (some of) yours.

it's like this:

- quit Dreamweaver.

- In Finder, go to: Macintosh hd/users/<your username>/library/application support/adobe/dreamweaver cs5/en-US/

- here you will find the folder "configuration". rename it to configuration-old and restart Dreamweaver

tadaaaa...

of course, you will have to configure DW all over again..

but..

• 130. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                    Grimm.nl Level 1

The above helpful to anyone? Dreamweaver is still running smoothly on my Mac after a full day of coding. Have reinstated all my settings, so it better not crash again... *skull & crossbones*

• 131. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                      dmntx

this fixed it!!!!

it's like this:

- quit Dreamweaver.

- In Finder, go to: Macintosh hd/users/<your username>/library/application support/adobe/dreamweaver cs5/en-US/

- here you will find the folder "configuration". rename it to configuration-old and restart Dreamweaver

• 132. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                        elRibo

nope, didn't help here (10.6.3 with FileVault activated) - I even installed the HTML5 Pack (AdobeDreamweaver-11.0-All-Update.dmg)

• 133. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                          yeahsurelalala Level 1

didn't work for me either, and FireVault is off

• 134. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                            MacAdobeForumUser

I have been testing Dreamweaver CS5 with network accounts.  We have nfs shared accounts.  Instead of trying to find the initial files required, I symlinked the entire users Library to a local location as a test.  The application still doesn't open.  So symlinking clearly isn't going to work this time.

Each time I talk to anyone at Adobe about their performance of software and network home accounts, disappointingly they never appear to be interested.  Unfortunately, they appear to still be living in 1980-90 where everyone logs in locally.   Adobe software is the only industry standard software that we use that has shown to suffer this badly on networks.  Not only should an account be a local account, but Adobe still insist that all files must be local (including not using Firewire drives).  With the size of files now, this is becoming very unrealistic, not to mention that local files aren't backed up or protected by being stored on raids; another reason why we run network home accounts.

We can only hope that they will provide an update that will get Dreamweaver working, both on network accounts and with Filevault.

• 135. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                              Grimm.nl Level 1

Just woke up my MacBook, and Dreamweaver did it again... just renamed the configuration folder and it started up again without any problem.

It seems that DW will keep doing this from time to time, which is NOT funny..

Therefore, Adobe, get us a fix that will solve this permanently!!!

• 136. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                ionicFlashback

I have had some success and failures with this.

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.3

FileVault is not being used.

Non admin users with network home directories

Dreamweaver fails to launch as others described here. Changing file permissions on the network home directory did not work. But, forcing local home directory and modifying the locally created folders permissions did work. Creating a local non admin account worked as well. These are not acceptable solutions in our environment. We are a community college with teaching labs and require network based home directories.

We also had this problem with Acrobat 9 pro last year and had to revert to version 8. Hopefully Adobe resolves this problem soon.

• 137. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                  Brown Dude Level 1

Me too.

Just upgraded from CS3 to CS5.

No FileVault.

Renaming configuration file worked.... temporarily.

Now it's doing it again, 24 hours later. Arggg!

• 138. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                    Grimm.nl Level 1

yeah, you'll have to keep doing this...

5 times for me up to now.

• 139. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                      Brown Dude Level 1

Has anyone tried exprimenting with the files inside the config folder to see which one is getting corrupted?