1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 251 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 8:55 AM by Cyford Go to original post
      • 80. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
        taropaa Level 1

I had the same problem and tried to fix it for several days with all the answers posted here. What did it for me is that I removed the Dreamweaver App from the App's folder, using the red uninstaller App and then In the Uninstaller I checked "remove preferences". After that I installed it again and now it launches just like before. Hopefully it will help some of you facing this problem until Adobe comes up with a patch.

• 81. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
          jbordersfl

Nohl Lyons wrote:

Guys,

Try this:

1. In Finder, navigate to <your username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS5.
          2. With the Dreamweaver CS5 folder selected, choose File > Get Info (Cmd+I).
          3. If necessary, expand Sharing and Permissions.
          4. Click the lock icon at the bottom right of the panel to make changes. Enter your Mac password when prompted.
          5. Click the plus button at the bottom left of the panel, select your name in the dialog box that opens, and click Select.
          6. Change the privilege for your name to Read & Write.
          7. Click the lock icon to lock the Sharing and Permissions section.

This worked for me

this is the solution that worked for me as well. all these silly little hidden portals. WTF?

i was having the same problem as the original post on this thread. had to change a bunch of these folder permissions, in both the Application Support/Adobe folder as well as the Library/Preferences folder.

so far, so good. but was a fun 4-hour runaround for the solution.

i'm not running file vault though, not sure what that even is exactly.

• 82. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
            JohnTHarrison

Switching off FileVault worked for me. Very poor Adobe. Sack the testing team.

My guess is that Adobe have no clue as to what is happening here - they just read all the posts and cobbled together a solution.

• 83. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
              otheis

Interestingly I have FileVault enabled for all users and just tried this with a new user (Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.3) w/o Filevault. And indeed, it launches.  I won't disable this security feature to get one poorly-written application to work.  I expect an application in the Apple ecosystem to "just work" with whatever features or systems the OS manufacturer has provided and FileVault is one of them. Imagine if you couldn't connect a Bluetooth mouse and use Photoshop - just as ridiculous.  In this day and age and given the concerns about security - particularly for portable devices - disk encryption is a must and any software that doesn't work with it needs to be fixed or pulled.

I note nothing really new on Adobe's latest downloads page.   <sigh>

• 84. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                Disc Dogger Level 1

David (at Adobe):

First of all, thank you for responding here (on the forum) to this issue. It is somewhat comforting to know that Adobe is aware of the issue and is working to address it. The most frustrating part of these forums, when a problem/question is not user related, is to not know whether Adobe is aware and/or working to solve said problem.

While there may be more problems with Dreamweaver CS5, the one I am familiar with, and others seem to have the same issue, has to do with FileVault. With FileVault running, Dreamweaver CS5 will not launch. On the same computer, with a different user not running FileVault, or with FileVault turned off, Dreamweaver CS5 launches fine.

I/We are looking forward to a solution asap as it is frustrating to be using all other CS5 applications, but to have to go back to CS4 to run Dreamweaver.

TIA

• 85. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                  otheis Level 1

I just tried out a solution from Adobe support which is similar to the one's mentioned in this forum.  The first did not work and the second (removing Filevault protection) I am unable to affect as I require said protection for operational reasons.

I did mention that perhaps a patch to locate Dreamweaver CS5 config data on a non-Filevault area might help?  If you (on the Mac) compare the contents of:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4

and

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver  CS5

...you will note that all the per-user config data and customizations aren't even there.  So as a work-around if we try not to locate said data there for now....and yes, it's just a workaround of course as this breaks migrations.

Still....

Cheers

• 86. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                    Jonah_Lee Level 1

Thanks the Application Support did it for me this time. I was having issues with After Effects as well with similair issues. Doesn't seem like this was tested enough on Snow Leopard.

• 87. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                      GlidewellIT123

Mac OS 10.6.3 - Mac Pro - Network Home Shares

GFudge, we are experiencing the same issue.  As you have, I tried to redirect the folders mentioned in this forum to local drive. Issue remains.  The usual response I get from Adobe is Network Home Shares are not supported.  Have you discovered a solution yet?  I have a whole department to upgrade, but we will have to stick with CS3 until this issue is resolved.

• 88. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                        GFudge

I've not managed to get this working yet. I've tried re-directing the folder to various places - the application folder, direct to the hard-drive.

I have tried removing the folder to see what happens when Dreamweaver is launched. In this instance, another folder is created. However, in the previous existing folder, there are two files shown (file path included):

Users>(username)>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Dreamweaver CS5>en_US>Configuration>MacFileCache-2828CDF7.dat

Users>(username)>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Dreamweaver CS5>en_US>Configuration>MacFileCache-E664D863.dat

When the folder is re-created after moving, these .dat files do not appear. Maybe access to or creation of these files is the issue.

I would hope that this could be resolved for users with network home shares. The security protocol of our organisation (and I imagine many, many others) dictates that users have to be centrally managed as opposed to locally, which is also important in terms of data recovery for business continuity. We have invested heavily to allow this to happen in terms of hardware. To also invest in software that does not work on this architecture is problematic to say the least.

Unfortunately for us, we only have the CS5 version of Dreamweaver, purchasing recently in terms of an expansion of our team's remit, so going back to a previous version isn't an option.

• 89. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                          JohnTHarrison Level 1

OS X 10.6.3 - Macbook Pro

I switched off FileVault and reinstalled DWCS5. This solved it for me but took hours to decompress the vault and now my machine is less secure. Adobe have dropped the ball on this one.

• 90. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                            JohnTHarrison Level 1

This thread is marked as 'Possible Answered' That's a laugh.

Seems that nobody has a general solution to this problem and Adobe are stumbling around in the dark. The only thing that seems to work so far is to try all of the above fixes and then hope for the best.

If I built software like this - I'd get fired . . .

Has there been an official announcement yet from Adobe???

• 91. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                              ahytam.

OSX 10.6.3 Macbook Pro - File Vault on. Does not work.

I have no plan to turn off my filevault. So the solution on http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/844/cpsid_84413.html does not help me at all.

There is no indication in the solution to say a fix is coming.

Would it be nice if the issue is mention in RED on the download page, so all of us don't need to waste our time. As a developer, I understand minor bugs conflict with other extension or plug-in, but if the app does not launch at all because of a standard OS feature. That is just not good enough.

How about in "What's New" - not compatible with OSX filevault. or indicate in the version comparision , File vault - tick for CS3, CS4, no tick for CS5... as suggested by the solution.

• 92. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                Joe9inety

SOLUTION 101

Hi, I'm really not sure how far you got with this, or if indeed you managed to resolve it. After almost 10 solid hours of trouble shooting, I discovered like some other noted posts that this is a permissions issue. I did not have File Vault activated and after going around in circles (with fix permissions, reinstalling, restarting safe/normal modes) ended up in the user/library/application support/adobe folder.

This solution should work for any one who has had previous CS installations. When I navigated to the aforementioned section (User/Library/Application Support/Adobe Folder/Dreamweaver CS5) I found that the Dreamweaver CS5 folder was empty. I then threw it to the trash and duplicated the 'Dreamweaver CS4' folder and renamed it 'Dreamweaver CS5'. This subsequently worked like a charm, so my diagnosis is that this is a problem emanating directly with the installation and not current configurations such as File Vault. Coincidently, my Flash CS5 launched but had issues when inside the app - like writing script. I repeated the same solution and hey! it was like I had the adobe developers right in the room with me.

NOTE: You need to navigate to your username Library and not your hard drive Library.

Good Luck!

• 93. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                  yeahsurelalala Level 1

was hopeful, but that didn't work either, damn it

• 94. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                    Patrick Carlson

Your right. This solution does NOT work. I've even called their tech support and the guy was no help. Any other ideas?

• 95. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                      Patrick Carlson Level 1

That DOES NOT work!

• 96. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                        Patrick Carlson Level 1

Tried all your "solutions". NONE work. Try again!

• 97. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                          Patrick Carlson Level 1

Joe9inety  YOU HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

This WORKS!

• 98. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                            yeahsurelalala Level 1

how come this doesn't work for me and did for you?

• 99. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                              Patrick Carlson Level 1

Try the changing premissions fix first as discribed. Then do the next fix, the copy and replace the folder.

• 100. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                Joe9inety Level 1

Hi Yeahsurelalala, it's a real shame that this was not a direct fix for you. The only other solution I could possibly suggested is first going to your 'Disk Utility' in Applications/Utilities (or use your search bar/spotlight to find it) and use the fix permissions option. Once completed, return back to the duplications process in the Applications Support folder. Hopefully this works… but that's as far as I got, as I resolved the/my issue.

• 101. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                  Karim Le Vallois

Hmmmmmm, I have tried EVERYTHING on here and still can't launch Dreamweaver - not a happy bunny!!!!!! Adobe really needs to put more resources into this as they will have a flood of complaints coming.....

• 102. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                    dlandfan1

I too, have tried all of the solutions and NOTHING works!!  sigh.  so frustrating.  Called tech support....was on hold for 35 min before anyone picked up.  Of course this was at 6:15 pm.....waited til 6:50...(mind you they close the north american support at 7 pm)  Tech said he would call back within an hour.  NADA!  great customer service huh?!  I don't get how come some of the fixes work for some people and others don't.

I'm running a Macbook pro 10.6.3 snow leopard.

• 103. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                      Karim Le Vallois Level 1

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 too - MBP Mid 2009.

• 104. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                        cayennecode Level 1

The permissions solution also did NOT work for me.  I suspect it's a FileVault incompatibility, as I have FileVault turned on, and have experienced this before with other Adobe products.

It is company policy that we keep FileVault enabled, so I am locked out of CS5.  = (

• 105. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                          karim.le.vallois Level 1

I would say this is NOT a FileVault problem as I have it switched off.  Still not working by the way!!

Can we please have a progress report on this from a member of the Adobe staff!?

• 106. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                            digicide55

Don't have FileVault, none of these solutions worked for me.

I finally fixed this today by installing the HTML5 extension pack (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/html5pack.html)

• 107. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                              karim.le.vallois Level 1

Did you do the permission thing too? Just installed it too, but still not launching.

• 108. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                Örongodis

Had the same problem. Never used File Vault. Did the manual permission set and on third try, it worked. Echoes the pain I had when installing CS3.

As many have noted, bad QA.

• 109. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                  karim.le.vallois Level 1

Can you please talk me through the permission thing that you did to get t to work the third time?

• 110. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                    digicide55 Level 1

I tried every solution on here (including the permissions, repairing permissions on the entire drive, and copying the saved preferences from the dreamweaver cs4 folder to the dw cs5 folder) a few days before installing the html5 extension.

• 111. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                      Grimm.nl Level 1

I got a brand new Macbook pro on tuesday (my first Mac!), already had the CS5 for Mac. Immediately installed CS5 web premium when I got it home, and it worked like a charm for 2 days.. this afternoon DW CS5 quit on me, showing the exact symptoms described here (no splash screen, only "dreamweaver" top left).

- I'm not running file vault

- I tried to set the permissions as described

- I downloaded and installed the html5 pack

- I restarted the system

no joy whatsoever...

WHY IS ADOBE NOT FIXING THIS???

sorry for shouting, but I'm frustrated.. DW is my main working tool, and now I can't use it. going back to CS4 means going back to Windows, as I only have CS4/Win. not doing that in THIS lifetime.

Adobe, do what we all pay you for and fix this TODAY! thanks.

• 112. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                        Örongodis Level 1

I did what Nohl Lyons and other suggested:

1. In Finder, navigate to <your username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS5.
                                                                        2. With the Dreamweaver CS5 folder selected, choose File > Get Info (Cmd+I).
                                                                        3. If necessary, expand Sharing and Permissions.
                                                                        4. Click the lock icon at the bottom right of the panel to make changes. Enter your Mac password when prompted.
                                                                        5. Click the plus button at the bottom left of the panel, select your name in the dialog box that opens, and click Select.
                                                                        6. Change the privilege for your name to Read & Write.
                                                                        7. Click the lock icon to lock the Sharing and Permissions section.
                                                                        Additionally, I selected "Use for included objects" (or whatever it's called on an English system).
                                                                        • 113. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                          Grimm.nl Level 1

yep, did that too; no joy.

even de-installed and re-installed dreamweaver, to no effect. then I de- and re-installed the entire CS5 suite (took me an hour), again to no effect.

I can only get DW working again when I create another account and log in under that one.

this can NOT be right guys!..

• 114. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                            karim.le.vallois Level 1

Right, just spent ANOTHER few hours trying to sort it and still DOESN'T launch!!! My wife is nearly as angry at Adobe as I am!!

I'm going to start charging Adobe my time at this rate!!!!! Why is nobody from Adobe replying on this thread? When can we expect a patch / update!? This problem is not solved, so someone better be looking into it as there are a number of VERY unhappy clients here!!!

• 115. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                              Grimm.nl Level 1

Could become expensive for them, as I am already tracking time spent on this nonsense.. as long as the Adobe guys & gals are too lazy/disinterested/stupid to fix this, charging our time is a viable option.

3 years ago I had trouble installing CS3, eventually found the solution and gave it to:... Adobe

• 116. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                cayennecode Level 1

Yeah this is a real bummer, I was looking forward to trying out the new html5 extension pack.

• 117. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                  cayennecode Level 1

Strange it does load on a standard account I just created.

• 118. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                    dlandfan1 Level 1

I have done the same thing.  I deleted the new install, first just dreamweaver, then the whole suite!  then I created a new account, re-downloaded just dreamweaver, installed and still didn't work. 

Adobe told me to go into safe mode and try to open the program.  LOL  like that's gonna work! 

• 119. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                                                                      Grimm.nl Level 1

just received a Dreamweaver update through the adobe application manager, but does it solve anything? nooooooooo..... Is it just me, or am I dealing with amateurs here?

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next