3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2011 2:20 PM by Mr. MatuskeY

Premiere "Media Offline"... aargh!

sync2rhythm Level 1

Adobe... please get rid of the Bright Red "Media Offline" screen that plops into your sequence when Media is Offline!

I would much rather have a layer NOT BE SEEN as apposed to this Bright Red "Media Offline" screen. Often times the Final Render could still be posted or viewed without knowledge of Media Offline... except for this, super intrusive, Bright Red "Media Offline" screen!

I know the solution would be to make sure nothing is Offline but Sony Vegas just doesn't show the Offline Layer and I would really like to see this in Premiere too... aargh!

- It would be so much nicer if there was just a "Red Marker" on your  timeline or something not so obtrusive that showed Offline Media other  than the Bright Red "Media Offline" screen that comes out in your Final  Renders.

- Possibly even a 'Pop Up'/Reminder when you got to Render... similar to how Encore informs you of errors.

• 1. Re: Premiere "Media Offline"... aargh!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Not sure that you will get a lot of support for this "feature request." Most want to know clearly that media is off-line. Since the media is not available and is not included in the PRPROJ file, Exporting will not be complete, and a warning should be present. Personally, if the media is off-line, I want to know about it, especially if I did not manually off-line it myself.

Just my thoughts,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere "Media Offline"... aargh!
            sync2rhythm Level 1

the_wine_snob wrote:

Not sure that you will get a lot of support for this "feature request." Most want to know clearly that media is off-line. Since the media is not available and is not included in the PRPROJ file, Exporting will not be complete, and a warning should be present. Personally, if the media is off-line, I want to know about it, especially if I did not manually off-line it myself.

Just my thoughts,

Hunt

Your thoughts are both appreciated & respected... but clearly addressed:

- It would be so much nicer if there was just a "Red Marker" on your   timeline or something not so obtrusive that showed Offline Media other   than the Bright Red "Media Offline" screen that comes out in your  Final  Renders.

- Possibly even a 'Pop Up'/Reminder when you got  to Render... similar to how Encore informs you of errors.

One of the things I like about the Adobe Suite is the commonality of functions between the apps.

All I'm asking for is a commonality in this regard similar to the way Encore does a 'Check' before a Render allowing you to correct or continue.

I feel the reason people are indifferent is:

1. they have not been bitten by a HD that goes to sleep with a piece(s) of media being called for on a 2 day Render causing you to have to wait at least 2 more days to post it. (and I hope they never will)
            2. they're used to it and can see no other way of informing you about Offline Media.
            3. insert other reason here.

A lot of my work involves many layers and composites. Although I have noticed that it saves time if I export Full Frame from Adobe then use Squeeze to create my delivery format; my Projects often require Rendering of a Couple of Days. Vegas projects that require this render time can still be posted with Offline Media because it simply doesn't show that layer instead of inserting a Bright Red "Media Offline" screen. As with other Vegas features that I like which have been ported to Premiere (which others didn't think were necessary - namely: the timeline continuing to play when the focus is elsewhere)... hopefully one day I will see this one too.

• 3. Re: Premiere "Media Offline"... aargh!
              Mr. MatuskeY Level 1

I'm using CS5.5 and have been reading forums and trying all of the various suggestions(re-linking the media; replacing the media; restarting; resaving; moving all files then edit undo) and just wanted to let everyone know that going into the cache files and deleting everything so that Premiere would have to re-generate the media WORKED! WOOOHOOO!  Hope anyone else that has this problem resloves it.  Consider it.  Delte your cache.  Someone suggested making sure that Premiere is closed before deleting, that's what I did.  Wondering if this will work for my dynamic link to adobe after Effects too, the media keeps going offline after restarting the software.  We'll see.  Thanks for the help everyone.

BrYan