4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2010 4:38 PM by Chris Cox

JDI

leothomas

Would be great if one could assign a tool preset to a layer through the layer options dialogue box. Just add a little popup menu in that dialogue that shows all of the presets.

What happened to font scrolling in CS4? Used to be, on a Mac anyway, you could highlight your text, target the font field in the type tool panel and use the arrow keys to scroll through all of your fonts?

Is it possible to change the mode of multiple color sample points in the info palette simultaneously? Would be great if you could hold down a modifier key and change the color mode of the first sample point and have the other 1, 2 or 3 change too.

Tom

• 1. Re: JDI
          Level 7

Would be great if one could assign a tool preset to a layer through the layer options dialogue box.

That doesn't make sense.

What does a tool preset have to do with a layer?

What happened to font scrolling?

I'm not sure what you mean.

It's still working for me in CS4 and CS5.

Is it possible to change the mode of multiple color sample points in the info palette simultaneously?

No, sorry.  Redoing the info palette was on our list, but cocoa took too much time.

• 2. Re: JDI
            leothomas Level 1

Regarding tool presets assigned to a layer:

Take beauty/fashion retouching, for instance. I use many of the same types of layers over and over again from one image to the next: 50% gray layer set to soft light for dodging and burning, a transparent layer for cleanup with healing brush or rubber stamp, colorwork adjustment layers on which I edit masks with brush, etc.

It would be great to click on the layer and have a tool preset already assigned to it through the layer options dialogue. This could be as simple(?) as a popup menu in the layer options dialogue box that shows existing tool presets.

This could mean hundreds of saved keystrokes, depending on the image.

Regarding font scrolling, I took another look at mine and it works, but hangs up on certain fonts which may be corrupt or non-english or the wrong format or something, so I think I'll toss 'em.

Thanks.

tg

• 3. Re: JDI
              Reynolds (Mark) Level 4

Yes this is a great request Leo. It has been mentioned before.

Would be best as an optional assignable "Tool Property" for each layer, meaning that on first clicking the layer, a Tool Preset is automatically activated. As you said this would save a lot of keystrokes. Of course layers would behave as normal when not assigned this property.

• 4. Re: JDI
                Level 7

Ok, with that detail it makes more sense.

Yes, if the font is corrupt, it may take us a while to try to create the preview, fail, clean up, etc.