16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 6:22 PM by Brazen_

Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows

Flash2k8

The Production Premium 7.1GB main download file is corrupted on Adobes servers it seems.  I've tried 3 different machines, 3 different OS's and it is indeed broken.   All of the other files are fine, but the main installer file (naturally) is corrupted and won't open.   Adobe needs to re-zip that file and test it this time, and then update their servers with a working file.

Tech support was worthless when trying to assist with this problem... so I'm hoping this will get to someone who can fix it.

• 1. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
          KarenStore Adobe Employee

Hi,

We tested the download from the store on 3 machines and the download is completing with no corruption.

I sent you a private message asking for more details.

karen

• 2. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
            sman118

I've downloaded the Production Premium twice and have had the same problem.  It keeps saying "cannot open file as archive."  Is there some alternative download or am I doing something wrong?

Ben

• 3. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows

hi,

I cleared the cache today to make sure there wasn't a bad copy cached out there somewhere.  If the store download still isn't working for you, you can also try the trial download which will give you the same files.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=production_premium

The trials area is using a newer version of the Akamai DLM that will do more integrity checking as it downloads.

This download is also pretty big...so I would highly recommend that you not use wireless while downloading.  If you can attached to a hardline that might help.

You can try that and let me know if that works.

Karen

• 4. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                dsattele

Same problem, the 7z file is corrupt.  Winzip will not unzip it either, that works for all other files in the download

• 5. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                  dsattele Level 1

Am now trying the trial version, but the statement that it will give you the same files seems to not be true.  From the download page,  "The trial version offers almost every feature of the product for you to  test-drive."  So how do we upgrade from the trial?  Of course assuming this file is also not corrupt.  On download #4 at 5hrs per.

• 6. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                    Flash2k8 Level 1

Here's what you can do to get it working.

Login to your account, and use the downloader for every file EXCEPT the 7.1GB main file called:  ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.7z

All of the other files are fine and in tact through the downloader, so go ahead and get them that way.

Then, to get the working ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.7z file (which is the main install file), go to:  www.adobe.com  -> Downloads -> Select CS5 Production Premium from the drop down menu -> Select the OS version you want (Windows) -> Download Now

Now it's going to open a new window that has TWO links in it,  File 1 of 2, and File 2 of 2,  and it will try to open the Downloader for you at this time.   CLOSE the downloader that it tries to open/save, and instead click the  File 1 of 2  link in the new window that popped up, that will give you a DIRECT HTTP download of the file not using the downloader, and that file works correctly.

I have confirmed with Adobe that the files are exactly the same, the reference to this statement:  "The trial version offers almost every feature of the product for you to  test-drive."   is referring to the additional content/fonts and documentation that are not included in the trial, and those files are available through your Account page.  (It's all the "other" files you downloaded with the downloader above).

Adobe uses the exact same file/installer for the product, the only difference is the serial number you put in activates a registered copy versus no serial gives you the trial version.  There is no difference in the data or the program between these 2 files, they are identical.  (Most software companies do it this way, there's no reason to have multiple installers, just use the serial number to enable/disable features).

The root of this problem is being caused by the files location.   If you use the Store/My Account page to get the file using the downloader, it's coming from the esd.adobe.com  (Electronic Store Download) servers which is an Akamai pool of servers, which somewhere in the mix there is a corrupted file that's causing the problem, and if you happen to hit that server that has the bad one, your file gets corrupted.   The file that works is coming from  trial.adobe.com  which is a different set of download servers entirely and it's not corrupt there.

Until Adobe finds the actual server that has the issue, other people may be impacted by this.   So here is a work around to get yourself up and running until they can get it resolved.

Enjoy

• 7. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                      dsattele Level 1

Thanks Flash, kudos

• 8. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                        dsattele Level 1

I just did the download from the trial server using the Akamai downloader for both files, it worked.  As Flash indicated, the 7z file from the esd server is corrupt.  Get everything but this file from accounts, and get the main file from trial server, even the exe file, the Akamai downloader works also albeit slow compared to some of the other download accelerators.

• 9. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows

Hi

We are trying to isolate this issue with the Akamai download manager used by the store.  We suspect this may have something to do with the Java based version of their download manager (used by Firefox and Safari) and the size of this file.

For the time being, you can get the exact same files from the Trials download center

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=production_premium

karen

• 10. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows

We have finally isolated this to an issue with the java applet version (used by Firefox and Safari) of the Akamai DLM 2.x.

We have posted a fix to our production environment.

Karen

• 11. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows

Hi All,

We posted a fix for this to Akamai's configuration on 3:07pm PT Saturday 5/1/2010.

If you downloaded the Production Premium .7z file via a java based browser (Firefox etc) prior to that, then you will have to redownload.  I apologize for the inconvienence.  You can either redownload using the Akamai DLM or you can download using direct HTTP links.

If you want to download via HTTP directly, I recommend you use Firefox, since it handles  downloading of files larger than 2Gb (some versions of Internet Explorer  won’t do a file bigger than that)

1.       Go to the page in the store where  you see your downloads for your purchase.

Then cut and paste this URL and put it into  the address bar (where you type in url links) to get the big .7z file
                              http://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STVD/CS5/win32/ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.7z

2.       Then repeat the above to get the  .exe file

http://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STVD/CS5/win32/ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.exe

if you are on Mac then  use this URL

http://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/STVD/CS5/win32/ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.dmg

Hopefully, they will  both download.   Then just double click the .exe file to  kick off the installation.   The .exe file uses the .7z  file, so make sure they are in the same directory and don’t change their  filenames.

Here  are the filesizes and checksum (you can verify them with fastsum    ...see www.fastsum.com )

Filename

Filesize

MD5

ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.exe

2224403328920192f9e06dec9903644c

ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.7z

355496e3db52531620694a6f6a0ea79c

ProductionPremium_CS5_LS7.dmg

458b6924d51fca021e6777f70907b577

Hope that helps.  Again so sorry for the inconvience this has cause all of you.

karen

• 12. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                                AlucardDuttyfoot Level 1

Is it possible for adobe to just ship my upgrade to me because this is just too painful. I tried downloading the software the way you told me to but its literally crawling, and it keeps stopping. I have to pause it and then play it for the download to continue. Right now its telling me it will take 11 hours to download. I could leave it overnight but whats the point if the download keeps freezing. right now its frozen at 89.9mb and it says it will take 11 hours and 45 min to download. I retried using the adobe download manager and its no different. Can I have this thing shipped to me because this is pointless.

• 13. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                                  Gilby Francz

I had exactly the same problem downloading the trial versions. The big file is corrupted say 7zi

p. Extracting says missing file and installing doesnt wotk at all. For u

s who buy the serials by a third party provider this is the only way to get the files!

• 14. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                                    Petаr Adobe Employee

Apologies for any inconvenience with the download process!!

The best way to ensure the integrity of the downloaded files is to use the Akamai Download Manager. The plain HTTP links are provided for your convenience, but are less reliable method for the delivery of the these really large files. Please try the download following the regular process with the download manager and send me a private message if you see problems. I will be happy to get on the phone at time convenient for you and make sure things are working properly.

Petar

• 15. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                                      Gilby Francz Level 1

Hi Petar,

we used the Akamai Download manager with IE8 and

FF3.6 both versions didn't extract. The files

were corrupted as the 7Zip file manager states.

The funny thing is while unpacking the files

everything seems to be okay until at 55 percent

or so it jumps to 82 percent then to 100% and

gives us the error message that some files could

not be extracted and that we should check file

space (we have TBytes free), or admin rights (we are admins).

After 5 unsuccesful dowloads I now ordered the

media pack with our software provider Software One.

We already had this problem before with CS4

Design Premium two years ago... It is a pity that

it isnt working out for us and for some other people as it seems.

regards

Gilbert

• 16. Re: Production Premium CS5 is corrupted for Windows
                                        Brazen_

I've never gotten my CS5 Creative suite to install correctly. I'm not on my home computer at the moment, but my question is can I delete all the downloaded files so far and start over brand new from the my account download?