7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 1:28 PM by the_wine_snob

Recommended preset settings?

kemch1013 Level 1

So I've been doing some editing for a while now, and I still haven't quite figured this out and was hoping I could at least get a suggestion. My question is, how do I know what preset to use, and what output to use??

So basically, I have images and video I am using from istock, psd files with images, and animation made in After Effects. I need to edit all of this to narration, which Premiere seems the best for. I am confused by all of the different presets Premiere has. In After Effects, I've been using the NTSC D1 Widescreen Square Pixel preset at 872x486. Premiere has no preset that mathes that, and when I try to make something similar to it, Premiere crashes when I render the timeline. So I ended up using DV NTSC Widescreen in Premiere. My output pretty much always consists of something blurry and squashed... and I'm not sure how to control it.

The video is intended for web and resolution I would like to be in the ballpark of 872x486. Does anyone have any suggestions on the presets, source, and output, so I don't get blurry squashed videos?