1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2010 4:19 AM by Tom Nunamaker

Can't install it

ilyabyk83

Hi folks. Thanx for your help. Maybe somebody helps me out on this forum. I'm trying to install this Adobe AIR becase some web app needs it, so I need to install it. But I get this message back when I'm trying. Any thoughts on this folks?? Thank You!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/jjs7fb.jpg

• 1. Re: Can't install it
          Tom Nunamaker Level 1

My install is also failing on Mac OS X 10.6.3. I have this error in the console:

... Adobe AIR Installer [18679] <Error>: The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

There are two dialog boxes.  One that says the application installed successfully, then an error message that says it didn't.

Some AIR programs run fine but the widget browser won't log me in:'

Login Failed

Make sure you have write access to the contents of the Adobe/AIR folder located in the Users/Library/Application Support folder or the ELS cache is corrupted and you need to delete the folder starting with com.adobe.WidgetBrowser in the ELS folder.

If I close that error dialog box, the app loads but times out when trying to download a widget.

In Console, I see the same error message that the AIR installer had :

... Adobe Widget Browser[25474] <Error>: The function `CGContextSetFontRenderingMode' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance. Please use `CGContextSetFontRenderingStyle' instead.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AIR multiple times with the same result each time.

Any ideas?  It would be nice to have AIR working.

Thanks