6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 7:47 AM by Todd_Kopriva

AE 5 Installation Error

ParkerPSU

I downloaded the trial version of CS5 production premium (while I wait for the one I ordered to arrive in the mail).

Everything installed except AE5. The error claimed: the US Language pakc failed.

I'm using Vista 64 Ultimate SP2 with a clean install (literally nothing on the c drive but the OS and Adobe install).

Could a file have gotten corrupted during the download?  When I get the "real" version will it work?

• 1. Re: AE 5 Installation Error
          yenaphe Level 4

Hi,

Are your Windows and Production Premium running in US english ?

• 2. Re: AE 5 Installation Error
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Could a file have gotten corrupted during the download?

Unlikely, as then usualyl it doesn't work at all. Check your language settings and make sure you have enough temporary disk space in your user directory (C:\Users\[You]\AppData\Local\Temp).

Mylenium

• 3. Re: AE 5 Installation Error
              ParkerPSU Level 1

The language for my computer is U.S. English.  The one I chose for the Adobe install was "English (North American)"  There was no US English option.

My hard drive has about 500GB of free space, is there a seperate setting for temp space in that folder (virtual memory setting)?.

• 4. Re: AE 5 Installation Error
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

That shoiuld be sufficient. You may still wish to run CCleaner and defragment the drive, though. Maybe it's just some random stray leftovers from other files that get in the way. also perhaps check your existing Adobe installs of previous versions. could be that you have a botched update somewhere still being queued and now interfering with the installer for CS5... Of course feel free to try the download again if you have the resources. There have been a few weird things been going on those last few days due to people storming for the CS5 trials, so anything is possible.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: AE 5 Installation Error
                  ParkerPSU Level 1

here's an update.

I downloaded the stand alone version of AE (not part of production premium) and it worked.

So, I guess I'll just wait until my boxed version comes in.

BTW - AE5 is so much faster with HD!  I had a 29 hour render with CS4 take 3 hours with CS5

• 6. Re: AE 5 Installation Error
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> BTW - AE5 is so much faster with HD!  I had a 29 hour render with CS4 take 3 hours with CS5

Hooray!