1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2007 8:16 AM by James Newton, ACP

Embedding video into Projector file

neal2000uk Level 1
      First of all, sorry, I know this question has been asked before, but I couldnt find an answer in the other threads.

I am looking for a way to embed my mov files into the .exe projector file so you do not need to include the mov files on the final disc. The reason I need this is because I am creating an enchanced DVD, which included DVD footage which you can watch on a TV, but when the DVD is in a PC, you can click on a button which launches a projector file. The only prob is that I can only link to 1 file, and this one file is then embedded in the video TS file. Hope this makes sense.
        • 1. Re: Embedding video into Projector file
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          You cannot embed video content as such. You may be able to use a binary io xtra such as vList to create an internal member with the same data as the external video file, but you will need to write the internal member back out to the hard disk before Director will be able to play it. You could then delete the temporary file.

There are ways to retrieve the media of internal members (other than scripts) from a protected cast. The strongest protection you could apply would be encryption to the internal member. Having said that, during the time the video file is on the hard disk, a savvy and unscrupulous user could copy it for playback elsewhere.

In other words, there is no way to protect your video file completely.