9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 11:51 AM by 2drumstix

CS5 & 60p footage

Volktronic

I have the new Panasonic HDC-TM700K, and it records a hybrid 28mb/s AVCHD file @ 60p.

I downloaded the trial, but I can't find a way to properly export to 60p. What settings should I use?

Thanks,

~Zach

• 1. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The trial will not work with any flavor of MPEG, so you will need to go with the full-paid version, which has a 30-day, money-back guarantee.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Zach,

Importing and editing that material is no problem.

Since it is an unsupported ACVHD format, there is no export possibility in the same format. You will have to compromise by exporting to 30, 25 or 24 FPS.

• 3. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
              Volktronic Level 1

Boy that's disappointing, I bought the camera because it does 60p.

You'd think Adobe would be a little more prepared for what's

right around the corner.

So there's no way to export 60p footage?

• 4. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Not AFAIK. It is too new and not yet supported. What lies ahead, well Que sera, sera...

• 5. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
                  Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

>So there's no way to export 60p footage?

Sure there is.  Just not as AVCHD.  AAMOF, you can't export from Pr as

AVCHD at all.  IOW, you can't send your AVCHD footage back out to your

camera.  I don't know what file formats, if any, your camera can play

from the media card.

You can export as H.264, which, like AVCHD, is a variant of the MPEG-4

codec.  Using H.264 you can export 1080p60 if you want.  But how will

you display it?  Right now, the only available format for displaying

your HD footage that doesn't involve playing back from a computer or a

camera is Blu-ray.  And 1080p60 isn't supported in Blu-ray, either.

What was your plan for displaying the 1080p60 footage?

-Jeff

• 6. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

In addition to Jeff's comments, here is a chart of the supported BD formats from the Encore FAQ sub-forum.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
                      Volktronic Level 1

Thanks for the input guys, I really appriciate it. I don't have any issue with H.264, I'll be playing back on my PS3. I do still have a question though:

What preset do I use as my project settings. It seems my only options really are DV NTSC, and Desktop?

I'm currently using desktop

for Video preview, I'm using AVI & DV NTSC?

In export, I'm using HDTV 1080p as the preset, is that the best?

I am dragging the video file over from the media browser but there's no audio associated with it, where is it? I'm never worked with AVHCD before.

And last, since my source is progressive, do I want to export at 30 or 29.97? I'm assuming 30.

Thanks again guys,

~Zach

• 8. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Zach,

Often, AVCHD Audio is AC3 multi-channel. CS5 should find that too and handle it well. Prior to CS4.1 (or maybe CS4.2), there were issues there, but CS5 should not have such issues. I assume that your camera produces muxed (Multiplexed - Audio & Video combined into one file). Is that correct?

When you Import that footage, have you allowed the necessary Confroming (blue progress bar on the lower-right of the GUI) to complete?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: CS5 & 60p footage
                          2drumstix Level 1

Curious if anyone knows, in this case of 60fps, when encoding down to 24 or 29.97 or 30, what happens to the other 30 or so frames that were recorded? What is actually happening during the encoding process with the extra frames?