7 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2010 3:19 PM by PedroAlberto

CS5 Trial Question

movado242

Installed the trial version today..when I open to create a new project...I only see DV as the capture option.  Is that normal?

• 1. Re: CS5 Trial Question
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes. There is zero support for MPEG in any form in the trial.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: CS5 Trial Question
            Harm Millaard Level 7

For all reading impaired, the website clearly states on the trial download page:

*Adobe Encore CS5 is  not available as a trial. Encore CS5 will be installed as part of the  trial for Creative Suite 5 Production Premium and Master Collection but  will not be available for use until you purchase. The trial versions of  After Effects CS5, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, and Soundbooth CS5 do not  include some features that depend on software licensed from parties  other than Adobe. For example, some codecs for encoding MPEG formats are  available only with the full version of these products.

• 3. Re: CS5 Trial Question
              movado242 Level 1

Thanks Bill.

• 4. Re: CS5 Trial Question
                movado242 Level 1

I'm new to posting here..but been around a while...

but do u always try to be rude or does it just come natural...i'm not impaired..just didn't feel the need to read the fine print of trial software download from Adobe..Thanks anyway.

• 5. Re: CS5 Trial Question
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Nothing about rude, just pointing out that a lot of folks have trouble reading what is clearly stated, including you by your own admission:

just didn't feel the need to read the fine print of trial software download from Adobe..

and thus making a superfluous post, wasting bandwidth, that could have been avoided had they READ the page.

• 6. Re: CS5 Trial Question
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

You're most welcome.

We've been debating Adobe's choice to cripple MPEG in the trial, but so far, Adobe has not called me for my feelings. This has been the way with the trial for a long time, due to licensing issues with MainConcept, but most of us feel that Adobe should add that limitation in bold, and maybe even red, so that it will be seen. The info is not as obvious as it should be, IMO. I think that there is evidence of this, in that the trial has only been up for a few days, and we've had about 7 threads on that subject.

Now, Adobe does offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, if you buy the program, and do not like it. There are no limitations then, except that 30-day return.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: CS5 Trial Question
                      PedroAlberto Level 1

LOL!

Oh how I missed Harm's charm!

sighhhh!

Simon