5 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2010 8:25 AM by the_wine_snob

Powerpoint presentation - import into Elements

Haacko Level 1

I have a video of a 60th birthday.  I also put together  Power Point presentation for the function.  I wish to combine the video using a clip within clip concept using the Power Point slides.

Can some-one suggest what format the PowerPoint presentation be converted to, to enable it to be imported into Elements.  I have tried PDF but it doesn't work.

Tony

• 1. Re: Powerpoint presentation - import into Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We see this request regularly on this forum -- and, unfortunately, the answer is that there is no good way to do it.

You can output each PowerPoint slide as a JPEG and then import each JPEG as into Premiere Elements as a slide -- but the results won't be very good. Text, particularly, often comes out blurry. Most of the blame goes to PowerPoint, which doesn't output a very clean JPEG, and some of it goes to Premiere Elements, which brings it to 640x480 video resolution.

The best solution is, for better or worse, to recreate any text in Premiere Elements.

I'm not sure what your PowerPoint is made up of. If it's mostly photos and images, you may be able to use the JPEG export method with little loss of quality. But, if it's mostly text, it's just not going to go. You're best just keeping it in PowerPoint.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Powerpoint presentation - import into Elements
            nealeh Level 5

A workaround would be to use an application that can record screen activity to record a PowerPoint slideshow as a movie to then import into your project. For example Magix Movies on DVD allows you to define and record an area of the screen to a file in resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. The examples shown below are for MPEG encoding. Magix also have their own proprietary high quality codec so if you record the screen activity to the timeline you can then export in a variety of formats (e.g. DV-AVI).

mod1.png

Capture options for MPEG

mod2.png

Export options

mod3.png

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Powerpoint presentation - import into Elements
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Though PrPro, this PrPro-Wiki FAQ has some tips.

Many PrPro users Export the PP images as TIFF and then Import those into Premiere.

There are also several threads on the PrPro forum, and one user, ShooterNZ, has offered some good info, as has Chuck McIntyre. Searching this forum for "powerpoint" and those users should yield some good info.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Powerpoint presentation - import into Elements
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's an older THREAD on outputting to PDF and using Photoshop to convert to BMP's. I'd use PS and stick with PSD's, personally.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Powerpoint presentation - import into Elements
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's a THREAD that Chuck started, that might be useful.

It's on the then beta of PP.

Good luck,

Hunt