3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2010 12:19 PM by tinaTS

Supported cameras for Camera Raw 6 - missing Sigma DP2

deejjjaaaa Level 2

I 'd assume that was just an error by somebody who was compiling the list, but

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

does not list Sigma DP2 as a supported camera for Camera Raw 6...

• 1. Re: Supported cameras for Camera Raw 6 - missing Sigma DP2
          JimHess-DIrcbP Level 3

This question was answered previously, although it was not about the specific camera model you referred to.  Camera Raw 6.0 has been finished and ready for distribution for quite some time.  Consequently, some newer cameras will not be supported until version 6.1 is released.  That means that there are possibly cameras that are supported by Camera Raw 5.7 that are not supported by version 6.0.  If that is the case, you can download DNG converter 5.7 and convert your images to DNG (if the camera was supported in 5.7).  I know that isn't the ideal workflow, but until your camera is supported that is a possible workaround.

• 2. Re: Supported cameras for Camera Raw 6 - missing Sigma DP2
            deejjjaaaa Level 2
            This question was answered previously, although it was not about the specific camera model you referred to.  Camera Raw 6.0 has been finished and ready for distribution for quite some time.  Consequently, some newer cameras will not be supported until version 6.1 is released.  That means that there are possibly cameras that are supported by Camera Raw 5.7 that are not supported by version 6.0.  If that is the case, you can download DNG converter 5.7 and convert your images to DNG (if the camera was supported in 5.7).  I know that isn't the ideal workflow, but until your camera is supported that is a possible workaround.

the issue is that Sigma DP2 is by no means from "some newer cameras" - and was long supported by a number of ACR v5.x releases, and its raw files can be opened in ACR 6.0 (I just tried it) - so it is a clear omission by somebody who was compiling the text for the webpage)

• 3. Re: Supported cameras for Camera Raw 6 - missing Sigma DP2
              tinaTS Adobe Employee

Looks like a typo. I'll pass it on.