4 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2010 3:48 PM by Chamuel333

Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in CS5?

Chamuel333 Level 1

Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in Dreamweaver CS5?

In other words, the FOLDER that contains all the different site configuration files (.ste) which are displayed under the "Manage Sites" window?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in CS5?
          Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in Dreamweaver CS5?

In other words, the FOLDER that contains all the different site configuration files (.ste) which are displayed under the "Manage Sites" window?

I am not sure what you are asking.

The .ste files for a DW Site are only created when you explicitly Export a Site, so you specify where the file is created. I am not sure what the default folder is if you just clicked OK without looking at the path. Try searching your hard drive for ".ste".

Or are you asking where to find the User Configuration folder? If so, what is your OS?

HTH,

Randy

• 2. Re: Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in CS5?
            Chamuel333 Level 1

Hi.  Thanks for replying.

I'm using Windows 7.

Here is my "configuration" folder location:

C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configuration

I realize there is a "Site Cache" folder within Configuration . . . . but that folder only contains *SOME* of the .ste files which are already imported into "Manage Sites".  Maybe 75% of the sites which show in the "Manage Sites" menu.   But about 25% of the sites which are visible/accessible in "Manage Sites"  are NOT found in the "Site Cache" folder.

So, maybe that is not the folder where all the "Manage Site"-listed sites are stored?

What do you think?

• 3. Re: Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in CS5?
              Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

I'm using Windows 7.

I realize there is a "Site Cache" folder within Configuration . . . . but that folder only contains *SOME* of the .ste files which are already imported into "Manage Sites".  Maybe 75% of the sites which show in the "Manage Sites" menu.   But about 25% of the sites which are visible/accessible in "Manage Sites"  are NOT found in the "Site Cache" folder.

The Site Cache hold info for Sites that you have worked with in DW.

DW stores site definitions in the Registry. This TechNote explins where to find them:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/439283

HTH,

Randy

• 4. Re: Where is the MANAGE SITES Folder Location in CS5?
                Chamuel333 Level 1

Thanks, Randy!

You've been a terrific help.

Very good.

Now I understand.

God bless you.

- Jim