7 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 9:05 AM by bnmg

can't enter activation code

bnmg Level 1

I'm trying to activate my copy of Dreamweaver on my new i7 Snow Leopard mac laptop.  Curiously, I'm not allowed to type letters in the activation code boxes... numbers only.  I'm wondering of Dreamweaver CS3 is SL compatible.  Any thoughts?  Thanks so much.

• 1. Re: can't enter activation code
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

I can't say 100% compatible.  Officially only CS4/5 are compatible with SL.  It should work though.  Do you have the suite or just the one program?  If you have the suite you can activate from any program.  If not, you might want to try re-installing or calling Adobe technical support.

• 2. Re: can't enter activation code
            BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Activation code or serial number? Serial numbers are numbers only.

Bob

• 3. Re: can't enter activation code
              bnmg Level 1

I'm running the CS4 Production Suite, and Dreamweaver CS3 is a part of that.  How can I activate Dreamweaver from AE or Premiere, or another CS4 app?  And it is asking for the activation code, because when I enter the serial numbers, the red 'X' mark shows up.

Just trying to get this going...

• 4. Re: can't enter activation code

No, it's not. Dreamweaver has never been a part of the Production suite.

As far as the serial number, it should be on the disk case. If it's an upgrade, you'll need the serial number from the qualifying product.

Bob

• 5. Re: can't enter activation code
                  bnmg Level 1

well then, I can't activate it as part of the production suite.   Thank you for that clarification.  Now. I wonder why the activation code boxes won't allow letters to be typed.  I hear an error sound with every letter, but numbers go in there just fine. Bob, I have the serial numbers and the activation code. I've been running the app for over a year just fine on my desktop.  I've loaded it up on my new laptop, de-activated my desktop (now in another state) and am trying to activate the application on my laptop. The activation menu pull-down just doesn't allow me to type in the letters, only the numbers. Rather mystifying

• 6. Re: can't enter activation code

The serial numbers are just that NUMBERS. You keep referring to an activation code...what exactly is that and where did it come from?

Bob

• 7. Re: can't enter activation code
                      bnmg Level 1

good call. I thought the code I was using was from Dreamweaver.  thanks for your patience.