7 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 4:08 PM by Reynolds (Mark)

Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...

carson.jones Level 1

I've put in this request before and the response has been to sort it out using custom scripts.  That said, I can't for the life of me understand why Adobe haven't put this in as a program option.  When we save a file out for clients we typically deliver them without alphas and paths.  Currently, and for years, we've had to open and scan and delete them individually eating up valuable time.  You added the shift click option to select multiple alphas making it easier to delete them.  Please let's finally take care of this one.

e.g. Select all alphas / delete.  Select all paths / delete.  We can then create an action for each and run them whenever needed.

(For those responding to simply use custom scripts, please don't post that as a solution here.  We're looking to have this built into PS and have been for years.)

• 1. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
          Level 7

I can't for the life of me understand why Adobe haven't put this in as a program option.

...a todo list with thousands of items on it, and a limited supply of engineers and time.

There are already actions and scripts that do just this, so it's not going to be a huge priority.

But we have been trying to rework the channels and paths palette for a while now.

• 2. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
            carson.jones Level 1

Again Chris.  Please don't respond to my posts.  You're a @#$@#$.  Somebody has to say it.

• 3. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
              tjhb Level 1

This is a forum. That means anyone is free to speak, anyone is free to answer, and everyone is free to keep his or her mouth shut.

What on earth was wrong with Chris's reply? Nothing that called for abuse.

Photoshop has got so big and complex that just to keep it circulating as one coherent product must take enough energy to power a medium-sized country. Inevitably most good suggestions will fall through the cracks, and some trivial initiatives get momentum. There's nothing truly special about a good suggestion. Except ego.

• 4. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 9
                You're a @#$@#$.

Mr. Cox’ replies may at times be curt (though not in this case, I’d say) and his seeming irritation about the Photoshop-team being reproached for what he sees as Apple’s OS’ shortcomings may not sit well with some, but as far as I can tell he is a valuable contributor to these Fora (and probably to the Photoshop programming team as well) – so:

What brought that on?

• 5. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
                  carson.jones Level 1

c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

You're a @#$@#$.

Mr. Cox’ replies may at times be curt (though not in this case, I’d say) and his seeming irritation about the Photoshop-team being reproached for what he sees as Apple’s OS’ shortcomings may not sit well with some, but as far as I can tell he is a valuable contributor to these Fora (and probably to the Photoshop programming team as well) – so:

What brought that on?

This response to another post.  These posts were made one after the other and answered by Chris one after another.  Needless to say I'm finished with these forums.  I thought it would be a great place to share knowledge and ask questions.  Simply put, Chris treats people as if they're annoying him and his tone is one Adobe should consider removing from these forums.  Good brain... no emotional intelligence.

1. May 2, 2010 7:55 PM in response to: carson.jones
                  Re: Multiple blend modes (JDI request)...

Um, that makes no sense.

You can't have 2 *+/ 3 = ?????

It's 2 numbers in, resulting in a single number out (or color in some cases). That's all you can do with blend modes.

• 6. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
                    Diablo Venom Level 1

Adobe could care less about you or your request. You would be better served to delete your account and wait for the next train south.

• 7. Re: Requested already (delete all Alphas / Paths)...
                      Reynolds (Mark) Level 4
                      ... no emotional intelligence.

Strange accusation coming from someone that has shown this ingratitude to an Adobe Engineer, who has taken the time to answer their question .

Chris doesn't HAVE to post here. And because he is very rare among the Adobe staff actually showing a presence in these forums, its extremely counterproductive to be critical. He's made the very fair point that because you can do this with a script, its not a priority.