4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2010 4:50 PM by Jane Smith 2300

Dreamweaver CS5 Save to remote

Fawked003

I can't seem to save to the remote server after editing.

I do not want a test server (it keeps bugging me to set up a test server)

I have already set up a remote server, I want to edit my files directly from the server and save them directly to the server.

For the past 2 hours I can't seem to figure out how to save to the remote server, that's all I want to do and the "save to remote server" button from CS4 is missing.

Help please. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 Save to remote
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

The only reason DW would persist on having a testing server defined is if you are using pages with server-side scripting languages like PHP or .NET.  If you are, you can set up a testing server with access to none just so it treats your pages right and gives you options for them if you are using one of those formats.

DW should have kept your settings, but if it did not, go to Sites->Manage Site-> Select your site and edit.  Click on Servers, select your remote server.  THen click on Advanced and then check Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save.

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 Save to remote
            Fawked003 Level 1

Gosh I feel like a total dumb *** right now haha. I was looking at that advanced settings so many times cause I was almost sure there was an option in there. Considering there were only less than 3 options I don't know how I missed it...

But thanks a million!

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 Save to remote
              alexandrafarmer Level 1

I no longer have this previous CS option in the new CS5:

"click on Advanced and then check Automatically Upload Files to Server on Save."

I'm looking for it...

Ok I just saw the advanced button at the top of the screen when you are editing the server info. I thought you meant the advanced menu on the left. Kinda confusing to have 2.

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 Save to remote
                Jane Smith 2300 Level 1

Hi,

Got it. Thanks a million!!

Jane