1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2010 8:19 AM by bringrags

LoadEvent.LOAD_STATE_CHANGE not firing...

fallenCEO

I am using the SwitchingProxyElement example and ammending it a little to suit my needs.

Using it however seems to prevent the player (:MediaPlayer) receiving the LoadEvent.LOAD_STATE_CHANGE

event.

This seems unlikely as the proxy wraps only mediaElements - is this my missteak ?

Anyone come across this - perhaps its expected behaviour.

regards

• 1. Re: LoadEvent.LOAD_STATE_CHANGE not firing...
          bringrags Level 4

You're right, it doesn't fire the LoadEvent.  The intent of including the SwitchingProxyElement among the examples was to show how to do runtime switching, so I took some shortcuts during the load phase in order to ensure that the code highlighted the switching.  A proper implementation would load both videos as part of the load operation, dispatching events throughout, until the load of both completed.  One possible way to implement this would be to use the approach taken by the AsynchLoadingProxyElement.  That example shows how you can implement your own custom loading logic in a proxy.  I think if you combined the AsynchLoadingProxyElement (for loading) and SwitchingProxyElement (for runtime switching), then you'd probably have a more production-ready solution.

1 person found this helpful