2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 7:57 AM by Mylenium

Problem with After Effects looping.

Danis0

What I actually want on after effects and i cant archieve it is looping. I make

a banner for my site, how it is supposed to work is, run once the animations I made(appearing

the text and moving it arround) and rain at the same time. So basically after the text appears

and its animation stops, I want it to keep raining without re-appering the text, so looping the whole

swf. So my problem is that I cant make one part of the movie loop without having the rest looping.

If there is any other software than adobe dont be shy to post it. However what I thought was do

this in adobe flash actionscript or make 2 seperated swf which when the one finishes the other runs and the

other is a non stop loop.

• 1. Re: Problem with After Effects looping.
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After Effects is not capable of doing things like what you're asking. As you suspected, you would need to render your video files out of AE and use a different program - such as Flash - to do your scripting.

• 2. Re: Problem with After Effects looping.
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
            However what I thought was do this in adobe flash actionscript or make 2 seperated swf which when the one finishes the other runs and the

other is a non stop loop.

Nah! Nobody and really nobody would do it this way. All you need is a simple goToAndPlay() in Flash to loop stuff inside the same movie, reusing the same items over and over. You have some serious reading up to do on Flash. Creating the clips in AE is really the least of your worries...

Mylenium