6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 10:23 PM by FTQuest

OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem

FTQuest Level 3

Hi,

It seems that there is a problem with sound in the Spark VideoPlayer in video that's been encoded in H.264.

If I set 'autoPlay' to 'true' or start playing from the very beginning of the clip, everything works fine.

But if I set 'autoPlay' to 'false' and start the video not from the beginning, i.e. click somewhere in the seekBar, video is playing, but there is no sound. Once I jump back to the very beginning of the clip the sound appears, and from that point I can play the clip from any section and sound is there.

Once I reload the video, the story is repeated.

This happens ONLY with H.264 files and does NOT happen with flv files.

Also, I don't believe that this problem existed back in the beta version of Flex 4 (previous version of FlashPlayer 10.x.xx.xx), even after the VideoPlayer became OSMF based.

FTQuest

• 1. Re: OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem
          bringrags Level 4

Can you reproduce this with the latest (v0.95) version of OSMF?  Note that the Flex 4 VideoPlayer uses an earlier version of OSMF, so we might have already fixed the issue.  (Note also that you can't just drop in the latest version with the Flex 4 VideoPlayer, you'll need to run it without the Flex wrapper.)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem
            FTQuest Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check it tonight.

FTQuest

• 3. Re: OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem
              FTQuest Level 3

Good evening Brian,

After installing the latest Flash Player from the Adobe labs and switching to the latest nightly build of Flex SDK the sound problem is gone.

But I've run into another one: I make a simple OSMF player in Flash CS5 and it works fine within the Flash and also when I open the resulting SWF in stand alone Flash Player.

Yet, when I try to open the swf from within the Flex 4 application, using mx:SWFLoader I get the following error: VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of synthesizer in org.osmf.layout.LayoutMetadata.

Any advice on that?

Thanks,

FTQuest

P.S. Also, for some reasons setting the 'autoPlay' on MediaPlayer to 'false' doesn't prevent the video from instant playing.

• 4. Re: OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem
                rfrishbe Level 3

On the SWFLoader, try setting loadForCompatibility to true.  My guess is there's a conflict between the OSMF version you are building against and the one that ships in Flex 4.  Setting loadForCompatibility to true should load up the swf in a separate ApplicationDomain, which means they won't try to share the same definitions of classes (including the OSMF classes).

Hope that helps,

Ryan

• 5. Re: OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem
                  bringrags Level 4

Sounds like you're running into version skew between OSMF versions.  I don't think the nightly Flex build includes the latest OSMF version yet, but you probably need to make sure you compile against the same versions of OSMF (between the player and the SWF you load in the Flex application).  I think the MediaPlayer issue has been resolved in the latest version of OSMF.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: OSMF  Flex 4 VideoPlayer sound problem
                    FTQuest Level 3

Thank you very much Ryan!

Setting 'loadForCompatibility' to 'true' instantly solved the problem. Bravo!

Yeah, knowledge + logic indeed work.

Brian, you were right. Thank you for your insights.

Thanks,

FTQuest

P.S. Just for the records, the problem showed up even with the latest nightly build of Flex SDK and Flash Player 10.1.52.14