2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 2:20 PM by cashxx

Configuration Error Error:16

cashxx

I have installed the Flash/Flex builder 4 on 30 machines running Mac OS 10.5.8 and they were all fine and now I am getting an error on all of them about a configuration error.  Please uninstall and reinstall the product.  I have done this on a few to test and still get the error.

If I keep trying to launch the application it will eventually work and open.  Then if you try to launch it again I get the same error.

Anyone know of any fixes I can do remotely to all the machines at once?  I hate to have to visit each station to fix the issue, but not sure whats going to fix it since a reinstall doesn't fix it.

I read on another thread that deleting the cache file worked for someone, but then someone else posted that you have to put in serials for all adobe software after that. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/604540

Help please!!

image.png

• 1. Re: Configuration Error Error:16
          cashxx Level 1

Checking permissions on the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/pcd.db and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/cache.db and the permissions on both files are:

-rw-rw-r--

Should they be set this way or should user have w as well?

Thanks!!

• 2. Re: Configuration Error Error:16
            cashxx Level 1

Well....I got to work and changed the permissions on the cache.db file to -rw-rw-rw- using chmod 666 and it seems to have fixed the issue.  Looking at machines that are working these permissions give the user rw as well.  So I am guessing this is the correct permissions.