4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 11:34 AM by Monika Gause

Text not found in CS and CS4... (updated)

bedazs

I just received a file (a flyer design) that I wanted to translate into a different language using the same fonts and basic design elements than the original one... So I just wanted to rewrite and maybe size the original texts using the same settings and fonts as the original version.

However, Illustrator CS did not recognize the text as text, but instead, shows each letter in the text as a separate object. (At the file name on the top, it says "converted")

I checked with CS4 and it is still the same case: no text recognized and file name on top says "converted"... I'm just downloading the trial CS5 to see if it is a compatibility issue, but in the meantime, I would like someone to help me and tell me if I am on the right track here...

Thank you...

Update... The same in CS5 as well, so it is not a compatibility issue... Is it possible that they used fonts that are not present in my system?... Again> Illustrator does not recognize text as text, so I cannot edit it using the keyboard... And I dont want to mess with the letters one by one...