9 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 4:48 AM by Ned Murphy

**** flash

My Flash Screen

I created a gallery. I want my pictures to fade in where i click the button and thats why i made movie clips for them to change alpha. Everything went smooth. But now when i try to make the same gallery when i convert the image to a movie clip i dont really get what the flash does because when i enter the movie clip the picture is bmp. In the working gallery that became a graphic. And yes, ive tried converting it to a graphic but when i try to make a motion tween it says i have no symbol(he somehow by a retarded process sees the picture as a bmp or something), and i said ok do it most enlightened one make it a simbol. So what did i see? A discontinuous motion tween(i think it only made one for that frame). I tried it over and over but it goes the same ****** way every time.

• 1. Re: **** flash
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need symbols for tweens. For timeline tweens, that same symbol has to live at both ends of the tween.  Beyond offering that, it's hard to understand what you're trying to say.

• 2. Re: **** flash
            My Flash Screen Level 1

The tween is a secondary problem likned to the main one. I drag a picture from the library into the scene. Then i select it. After arranging it I press F8 to convert it to a symbol. I choose a movieclip simbol and name it mv1. Then i double click on the image(which should be the movie clip) and the workspace switches to inside the mc and there i have the image selected. But instead of being a graphic, so i can set the alpha and create the tween, it is a bitmap(jpg) and it doesnt let me control the color.

• 3. Re: **** flash

That is correct.  The image inside the symbol is still just a bitmap.  If your intention is to tween that bitmap, you first have to create a symbol out of it and then use that symbol as the object that you tween.  So if the movieclip you created is intended to be the animation, then while you're inside that movieclip, select the image again and convert it to a graphic symbol or movieclip and you can manipulate that inner symbol as you intend.

• 4. Re: **** flash
                My Flash Screen Level 1

And for a fade in from 0 alpha to 1 what should i do in the movieclip?

• 5. Re: **** flash
                  My Flash Screen Level 1

No need. I managed. But one question: why at my first gallery it was smart enough to make the picture a graphic file and i hadnt had to place the first and the start and the end of the tween and now i have to do it manually? is some sort of flash invention... like a tour guide of what can be done that does some of the work for you at the beginning and then lets you do all by yourself?

• 6. Re: **** flash
                    My Flash Screen Level 1

And about the method, i used the same image but i created 2 Graphic symbols. I need only one? The first is for the frames that have the alpha change and the second is for the last frame that has the image unmodified.

• 7. Re: **** flash

You do not use two different symbols.  You use the same single symbol in the tween--You place it in the first frame and assign it a zero alpha--you place it in the last frame and don't do anything to it.  You do not create the tween first and then turn them into symbols.  You create the symbol first and use it in a tween.

As for your other followup, I don't know what you're referring to, but it sounds like you were using a gallery that is designed using just actionscript, not done manually.

• 8. Re: **** flash
                        My Flash Screen Level 1

but i do use two of them. first i create them both and the first is for the 1-4 frames and the second is for the 5th frame. also i do not create the tween before i create the symbols, first the symbol and then the tween. sorry if i confused you.

• 9. Re: **** flash

I think you're confused.  You just said you create two symbols... I said you create one symbol and use it two times.