2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 5:15 PM by Caroline G

Is Dreamweaver right for me? (also Question about Adobe courses)

Caroline G Level 1

Hi!

I'm a grade five student,

who is wanting to learn about

web design and animations.

I already have Photoshop cs5

but i want to learn about web design.

Dreamweaver is the correct program right?

I also have a question about Adobe Courses (Online)

Will they go through, and show you how to set up websites

with dreamweaver... Templates, etc. stuff like that?
      All comments appreciates.

Thanks

CG

• 1. Re: Is Dreamweaver right for me? (also Question about Adobe courses)
          Mitchell Small Level 1

I am hardy the most qualified to answer this, but I'll have a go at it. First of all, I admire your ambition!

Dreamweaver is a great tool, but it will not necessarily teach you web design. Once you have some basic idea of what goes into a web design, you will realy appreciate what DreamWeaver can do for you. I am going to pass on to you the same advice given to me when I first wanted to get into DreamWeaver and web design.

I would realy suggest some basic HTML and CSS books and use a text editor to create your first pages. Once you start to undersatnd what you are doing, then by all means, get some DreamWeaver training. Everyone has their own favorite titles to learn the basics from, so I'll just say these are a suggestion and helped me get started. The Head First series was clearly written, has a good sense of humor and helped me get the basics. Check your Libraries, second hand book stores, or other resale outlets. I know you mentioned the Adobe Online, but I've also used, and like, the Adobe Classroom in a Book series. Once I learned a particular version, I found the Missing Manual series good for advanced questions and going to a new version.

Don't get discouraged, stay with it and don't be afarid to try another book if you don't like the ones I've suggested. We all learn different ways and what worked for me may not work for you!

• 2. Re: Is Dreamweaver right for me? (also Question about Adobe courses)
            Caroline G Level 1

Thankyou very much!

Quite helpful!

I've read some of my grandmothers missing manual books for CS3.

But I'll try the ones for CS5. (My grandmother will probably get them - She is a graphic designer.)

-CG