5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 6:30 AM by david_kenneth_coleman

Error loading module with MX and Spark components in FLEX 4

hloops23 Level 1

I need to be able to instantiate components dynamically, so I have to load  SWF modules based on a config XML file. The modules are based on mx:module and have a conbination of spark and mx components. I am using a variation of the below code to load the modules:

module = ModuleManager.getModule(component.@url.toString());

module.addEventListener(ModuleEvent.READY,moduleReady);

module.addEventListener(ModuleEvent.ERROR,moduleError);

module.load();

private  function moduleReady(event:ModuleEvent):void

{

var modelInfo:IModuleInfo = event.currentTarget as IModuleInfo;

var myInstance:IVisualElement = modelInfo.factory.create() as IVisualElement;

this.addElement(myInstance);

}

I then get the following error when I wrap the content of the module in a BorderContainer

ypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at mx.core::UIComponent/getStyle()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\ mx\core\UIComponent.as:10372]

at mx.core::UIComponent/getConstraintValue()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\fram ework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8612]

at mx.core::UIComponent/get horizontalCenter()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UICom ponent.as:8730]

when I remove the border container, I get the following error:

ArgumentError: Error #2004: One of the parameters is invalid.

at flash.display::Graphics/drawRect()

at mx.graphics::RectangularDropShadow/drawShadow()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\project s\framework\src\mx\graphics\RectangularDropShadow.as:575]

at cobalt.skins::BorderSkin/updateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.0.0\samples\themes\cobalt \src\cobalt\skins\BorderSkin.mxml:113]

at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\fra mework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8531]

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projec ts\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:663]:

When I add the module explicitely as component to another MXML file, it loads just fine with no errors.

This is a trimmed version of my module:

<mx:Module  width="100%" height="100%"

xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" >

<s:BorderContainer  width="100%" height="100%">

<mx:Image bottom="10" right="10" id="companyLogo" source="{source}" />

<mx:Image y="{this.height /2+12}" click="Hide('tableOfContent')" left="2" id="forward"/>

<mx:Image y="{this.height /2-13}" left="2" click="Show('tableOfContent')" id="back" />

<s:Group id="mapTypes" left="60" top="10" alpha="0.9" click="mapTypes_clickHandler(event)">

<s:layout>

<s:ButtonBarHorizontalLayout gap="2" />

</s:layout>

..//// other components that get loaded dynamically...

</s:Group>

<components:SystemMgr id="pSysMgr"/>

</s:BorderContainer>

</mx:Module>

I just need to be able to load these modules dynamically.

Thanks