Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pointing and recording audio simultaneously

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I create "lectures" by basically importing PowerPoint slides into Captivate and then recording audio.

I would like to point (with the cursor, for example, or even highlight) specific words, equations or regions in the slide while I am recording the audio. I know I can first record audio and then include all types of effects (edit) later on, but that takes more time. Is it possible to "save" cursor movements while recording audio with Captivate? I do not want to use a screencasting software for doing that because of the larger file size it would generate.

Thanks,
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi lazylecturer

No, as far as I know it isn't possible to accomplish what you are wanting. Not if you simply imported the PowerPoint and went from there. You might try this approach if you are using Captivate 3. Set PowerPoint up to play in a window and adjust the size to what you wish to see in Captivate. Then launch Captivate and record using the full motion option. The full motion option was improved in Captivate 3 so as to accommodate longer recordings.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources