1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2010 3:24 AM by NewFlo

Tilelist - How to prevent auto-scrolling on item-selection

NewFlo Level 1

Good Afternoon!

I have a little problem, maybe someone ran into it before and can give me some

hints and advice.

I have a vertical scrollable tilelist, width about 6 rows, containing custom itemrenderers.

That far, that good. When i select, lets say the 3rd row the tilelist scrolls and shows the 3rd row as the

first row of the visible part of the component. My Problem is that i need to prevent this auto-scrolling.

I looked over the api and created a custom class to override some of the methodes in tileListBase,

ListBase and ScrollControlBas, but i haven't found the right place to change this behavior without

unwanted sideeffects. Can someone over me some insights or a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Florian

• 1. Re: Tilelist - How to prevent auto-scrolling on item-selection
          NewFlo Level 1

I am sr, 5 mins after posting this i had a sudden idea, that solved the problem for my case.

I don't use the build in selection-tools of the tilelist, so i just tried to override

the selectItem-Methode implemented in the ListBase-Class, like this

override protected function selectItem(item:IListItemRenderer, shiftKey:Boolean, ctrlKey:Boolean, transition:Boolean = true):Boolean
          {
               //Do nothing
               return false;
          }

As i said, that works for me... But i would still be interrested in a solution without losing the ability to select Items.

Any ideas welcome!