12 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 8:43 AM by the_wine_snob

CS5 shipped?

ruzun Level 1

I still don't have a tracking number for the CS5 I pre-ordered on April 12th.  I didn't order rush shipping, just standard ground, I wonder if they do those last or something.  I got a confirmation email saying it would ship soon and I could download the trial version, but they still have not actuallty shipped my boxed software.

Has anyone who ordered ground shipping on boxed CS5 received ACTUAL shipping notification with a tracking number yet, or actually received their software?

• 1. Re: CS5 shipped?
          tnw2933

I am in the same boat you are in.  I pre-ordered on April 12th, received an e-mail last week that CS5 Production Premium Upgrade would be shipping "in a few days", but still see my order marked as "pending".  On the order details page I see "Expected delivery date of Thursday, May 6."  I seem to recall going through this with Adobe back when I upgraded Production Premium CS3 to CS4, i.e. to see my order marked as "pending" even though it had been shipped.  I have no idea why the Adobe Store does business in such a crazy manner.  They tell you they will send you an e-mail when the product ships and never do.

Tom

• 2. Re: CS5 shipped?
            Harm Millaard Level 7

According to their confirmation e-mail I should have received it now, but not even a tracking number.

• 3. Re: CS5 shipped?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm guessing that Fed-X, DHL and UPS drivers are having fun test-driving CS5, all around the globe.

Hunt

• 4. Re: CS5 shipped?
                ruzun Level 1

Has anyone yet received their boxed edition of CS5, or even a tracking number?  Mine still says order pending, I have no tracking number or indication it will ship soon.

• 5. Re: CS5 shipped?
                  tnw2933 Level 1

I received the boxed edition of Production Premium CS 5 Upgrade (from Production Premium CS4) today.  I was sent an e-mail yesterday telling me the product had been shipped and I received it this morning.  It was sent by overnight air (which I had not requested). 

Tom

• 6. Re: CS5 shipped?
                    Phil Griffith Level 2

I received email notification yesterday with tracking numbe. Just checked fedex site and it should be here tomorrow. Looks like 2 day shipping.

• 7. Re: CS5 shipped?
                      ruzun Level 1

I just received my tracking number, its normal ground delivery scheduled to get here next tuesday may 11th.  Oh well, at least it's on its way

• 8. Re: CS5 shipped?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Someone had whispered a delivery date of April 10, so that is not far off.

Good luck and enjoy,

Hunt

• 9. Re: CS5 shipped?
                          Taverino Level 2

Mine shipped yesterday and arrived today Fedex Priority Overnight with free shipping.

Installing right now! May not sleep tonight.

• 10. Re: CS5 shipped?
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, come about 5:00AM your time, we will expect a full report!

Good luck, and enjoy,

Hunt

• 11. Re: CS5 shipped?
                              tnw2933 Level 1

As a Mac user (8-core Mac Pro 3.1 model), I can report that my upgrade of CS4 Production Premium to CS5 Production Premium was as smooth as silk, and kudos to Adobe.  I have installed the upgrade on both my Mac Pro and on my Macbook Pro with absolutely no problems whatsoever.  The install could not have been smoother.  I checked all of the applications by opening them, setting up my preferences, doing a few teasks and closing.  Everything worked perfectly on both machines with no error messages and no problems.  It is a joy to use these 64-bit applications on these two Macs.  Thanks Adobe for a nice job!

Tom

• 12. Re: CS5 shipped?
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Tom,

Sounds very good and thanks for taking the time to report your success.

Hunt