1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2010 11:19 PM by Mylenium

Export to Blu-ray? 25 fps must be interlaced?

Brandalarm Level 1

Hi,

I want to export my AE project of approx 30 min containing several HD files to a Blu Ray disc. The end goal is to project the video in HD quality using the Epson  EMP-TW2000 projector. This projector is HD compatible.

To project the video I need to connect the beamer to a computer capable of playing a heavy HD file (1), OR burn the project to a BRD (2) and play it using a BRplayer.

I prefer option 2, so my question is: which would be the preferred export preset?

Project specs:

- 1920x1080 sq pix  (16:9)

- 25 fps

- my imported video files (Prem.Pro sequences) are also 25 fps and are Progressive (!)

To export to a BRD compatible format, do i not encounter a big problem: my projectfiles are 25 fps and progressive, and I believe that the only Bluray preset dispaying 1920x1080 with 25 fps requests an INTERLACED video  (I viewed the presets found on this forum, this thread)... There is also a Progr. format, BUT then you need 30 fps (29,...).

So, is there one dimension that can be changed without changing the content of the video, and if yes which one (either the interlacing or the fps).

I'm not very familiar with the whole Blu-ray thing, I hope that someone can help me out.

Thanks,

Jef

• 1. Re: Export to Blu-ray? 25 fps must be interlaced?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          So, is there one dimension that can be changed without changing the content of the video, and if yes which one (either the interlacing or the fps).

You could just slow it down to 24p (23.97 fps). Everything else is unrealistic. For compatibility reasons, the specs are set in stone with no room for creative variations and on the other hand, extrapolating footage to increase frame rates never looked good, not even when going from SD PAL to NTSC.

Mylenium