0 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 4:59 PM by Colin Flashman

breaking spreads to single pages

Colin Flashman Adobe Community Professional

g'day

i am a prepress operator for a sheetfed offset printing company using apogee x5.0 and acrobat pro 8.0.

there is a task which, while it is done rarely, would be great to find an automated solution to the problem.

from time to time, customers provide pdfs which are prepared as readers spreads, whether the spreads are consecutively (i.e. 1, 2-3, 4-5 config) or done as imposed pairs (8-1, 2-7, 6-3, 4-5). these pdfs are no good as apogee requires single pages to impose, so the spreads need to be broken up into single pages. this is normally done by placing the pdf into indesign, and re-pdf'ing as single pages. that's fine if we have an 8pp newsletter but sometimes these documents can be 64pp or up!

i've googled the term "spread to single pdf" and there are lot of answers going THE OTHER WAY but not from spreads to singles.

does anyone know of a link to a javascript that will do this directly in acrobat, or how this could be done without venturing into indesign?

i know that the prinergy evo RIP will do this, but we're working with agfa apogee and won't change.

many thanks

colly