2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 10:22 PM by cdub

Selected index when sorting?

cdub

I have an app that makes modifications to an item in an array collection based on that item being selected in a datagrid. What I mean is that you select the row that you want to modify in the datagrid and then click a button to modify it. I was using the selected index to determine which index to add the mofified item. Here's where I determine which item in the array gets replaced:

var theIndex:Number = theGrid.selectedIndex;
                      theCollection.removeItemAt( theIndex );
                      theCollection.addItemAt( { stuff: theStuff }, theIndex );

Which works great... until you sort the datagrid. Obviously this doesn't work when once sorted, since the indexes are no longer in sync but what do I need to do in order to fix this? Is there a way to determine what the what the index in the array is when you select the row in a datagrid?

• 1. Re: Selected index when sorting?
          Vikash.kumar29

Hi,

There are two ways through which you can accomplish this task.

1.             var theIndex:Number = theGrid.selectedIndex;

(theGrid.dataProvider as ArrayCollection).removeItemAt( theIndex );

(theGrid.dataProvider as ArrayCollection).addItemAt( { stuff: theStuff }, theIndex );

Another solution :

2.             var theIndex:Number = theCollection.getItemIndex(theGrid.selectedItem);
                          theCollection.removeItemAt( theIndex );
                          theCollection.addItemAt( { stuff: theStuff }, theIndex );

Hope this helps you.

If this doesn't solves your problem, then please let me know

Cheers

-Vikash

• 2. Re: Selected index when sorting?
            cdub Level 1

Thanks!