1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2010 9:18 AM by Flex harUI

Using embedded font when not available on system

JaumeMussons

Hi,

I want to use the system font "Segoe UI" on Windows 7 as it is really great. But on non window 7 / vista systems, i would like to use it as an embeded font. The trik i did was to set the font family css this way:

font-family: 'Segoe UI', myfont

Where myfont is the embedded font that i have on my application,

The problem is that if the system does not have the segoe UI font, Air simply ignores my embedded font and shows an ugly one.

All this operation is done cause i see that the antialiasing in windows 7 is extremely better than the one flash player uses...

Am i the only one that noticed that the flash player advanced anti aliasing is not as good as the default windows one??

• 1. Re: Using embedded font when not available on system
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Flash Player has several embedded font rendering options.  The most recent

is to use Flex 4 and TLF/FTE. The oldest embed font option is not that good.

Note that the quality of device text on Win7 is probably up to the user's

control panel settings so by not using embedded fonts, you've lost control

of the quality.

But if you want to use device fonts on Win7 if available, load the embedded

font in a module if needed.  I think you can use Font.enumerateFonts to see

if Segoe UI is available.