3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 8:11 AM by JoeDaSilva

Layers in a coda slider panel??

fresssh

Hi, please look at www.fizzybee.net/help        I am haveing trouble with coda slider which is the base i have used to construct a website. As you can see in panel 1 and 2 i am able to inset an image......now for example in panel 2 i want to insert a new layer so i can put some text in over the top of the bg image. It seems impossible!!? it wont let me put a layer inside the panel, i'm very stuck......could someone help me please??? thanks

• 1. Re: Layers in a coda slider panel??
          JoeDaSilva Level 4

Just make the image you want to put in a background image in the CSS instead. That way you can add text over top without scewing around with "layers".

• 2. Re: Layers in a coda slider panel??
            fresssh Level 1

can you give me an example of the css? plus i want the text in a layer, makes things so much easier especially if i want to  add overflow to the layer etc. there must be another way of doing it??

• 3. Re: Layers in a coda slider panel??
              JoeDaSilva Level 4

Inside the markup for your coda slider you should have a div with the class "scrollContainer". Inside that div are more divs for each of your slides. I forget how it's structured exactly, but you should be able to add a unique ID to each of those "slides" and apply the background image.

The CSS would end up looking something like this:

.scrollContainer #my-slide-name {

background: url ("path/tomy/image.jpg") no-repeat 0 0;

}

Are you using Firebug while working on this? It would benefit you greatly while reengineering this slider...