Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error message when entering text into a TEXT box

Level 1

I was entering text and all of a sudden I was not able to type in anything. I can delete but I can't type in text. ???? It was working fine. It's a text box not a text field. I am using LC 8.2 ????

Thank you,

Error message

Code 1606 - Target version does not support the Allow Page breaks within Content option for the current file type. Supported in Reader 9.0

6 Replies

Former Community Member

The error message suggests your form is not set for the correct version reader for the function you are trying to perform.

Maybe try adjust your form properties under the default tab to version 9 instead of 8.1

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, but I don't get what you're saying. I am in the Design View of LC, the form has been saved as a dynamic form. It's been working fine - and viewable in Reader 9, up until now, as I try to enter new text into a subform. Where is the Default tab? 

Thank you.

Former Community Member

The message inidicates you have typed and now the textbox must split accross a page break.

The error inidicates this function is only allowed in forms designed for version 9 or upwards.

To check the version compatibility go to the file menu, click on form properties.

In the properties window there is a default tab.

In this tab at the top it says Target Version.

I think you need Acrobat or Adobe Reader 9 or later selected, as default is 8.1 or later.

Level 1

Thank you. I found the tab & made the change, but it's still not allowing me to type text. (It's not on a page break either. It's text at the beginning of a page 1.) The error message is gone, though! I was typing along just fine and then I couldn't do anymore. COuld it have something to do with subforms??

Former Community Member

Hi

Possibly, do you have a maximum character count set or any restriction

within the textbox?