3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 4:12 PM by badaboom_55

ASDoc: Hyperlinking to Flash's Core Classes

badaboom_55 Level 1

Hello all,

I've just started using ASDoc to start documenting some custom classes.

I kind of exist in the no-man's land of being 51% designer and 49% developer. So, as I have been learning AS3.0, I learned to love the "Actionscript 3.0 Language Reference" ... in fact, I would say there's some unhealthy dependency there. Needless to say, I was overjoyed when I opened my first HTML generated by ASDoc to see a familiar friend!

Anyway, one feature which I think would be great is to have links to Adobe's classes within my custom class' documentation (just like the "AS3.0 Language Reference").

For example, if a method in my custom class returns a Boolean, I would like the other members on my team to be able to click on the word "Boolean", which would take them to the Boolean documentation in the AS3.0 Language Reference:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS3LCR/Flash_10.0/Boolean.html

The attached A.jpg shows the AS3.0 Reference, as you can see, String and Boolean link to the respective class documentation in the reference.

B.jpg shows my generated documentation from ASDoc for the myMethod() in my class... it would be extremely useful to have "String" and "Boolean" link to the respective AS3.0 Language Reference docs...

Is there a way to get ASDoc to generate my documentation with links to the docs in Adobe's reference??

A.jpg:

A.jpg

B.jpg:

b.jpg