Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you apply a hyperlink to a snippet?

May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating FAQs in my project and I'm trying different things. If there's a better

way to do this, I'm all for it. I created my questions and inserted them into a mini TOC placeholder.

I'm still deciding if I want to expand/collapse the answers or take the easy route and add a "Back to Top" link to my topic title that I have bookmarked.

This is the first time I've used snippets. I created one called "Back to Top" and inserted a few of them in my FAQs topic. When I highlight the snippet, I can't click the hyperlink icon so that I can link it back to the bookmark.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First off, you don't need a bookmark at the  top of the page. All you need is a link that points to # in order to  reload the topic at the top. So save your effort there.

If you are intent on doing this, I seemed to make it happen as follows:

Create a variable to serve as the hyperlink. Format the variable to link to # as I stated earlier. Drop the variable into the Snippet.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, Rick. I'm not following you. What do you mean by "a link that points to #"? What is "#"? And I'm not set on any one way of doing this. I'm open to other options. Here's a screen shot of what things look like so far. Some of our answers to the FAQs can be pretty long as they involve the user typing SELECT statements. If you can offer other ideas and point me to keywords in RH online help so I can read about how to do things, I'd appreciate it. Screen shot samples from other FAQs would be helpful too. I'm a lone tech writer trying to figure out stuff I've never used in RH before.

Much obliged.

FAQs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out, Rick. Thank you! The variables are working nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp