4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2007 7:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

Changing server types

MikeL7 Level 1
      I just changed one of my sites from a windows server to a unix server, and when i try to ftp in using DW i get a error login & password not correct. If i change to the password and root folder to the windows server it connects, but if i use the unix root folder and password it wont connect. Is there a file where the remote info is stored that i can delete, i tried to make a new site but DW still only connects to the windows server. On wed i set up a new domain for a client using the same machine & DW with a unix server with the same host company and it connects fine?
        • 1. Re: Changing server types
          Level 7
          Are you sure that the login is the same? What happens when you try to
          connect?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
          ==================

"MikeL7" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fcg36r$t64$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I just changed one of my sites from a windows server to a unix server, and
          >when
          > i try to ftp in using DW i get a error login & password not correct. If i
          > change to the password and root folder to the windows server it connects,
          > but
          > if i use the unix root folder and password it wont connect. Is there a
          > file
          > where the remote info is stored that i can delete, i tried to make a new
          > site
          > but DW still only connects to the windows server. On wed i set up a new
          > domain
          > for a client using the same machine & DW with a unix server with the same
          > host
          > company and it connects fine?
          >
          >

• 2. Re: Changing server types
            Level 7
            On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:56:11 +0000 (UTC), "MikeL7"
            <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>I just changed one of my sites from a windows server to a unix server, and when
            >i try to ftp in using DW i get a error login & password not correct. If i
            >change to the password and root folder to the windows server it connects, but
            >if i use the unix root folder and password it wont connect. Is there a file
            >where the remote info is stored that i can delete, i tried to make a new site
            >but DW still only connects to the windows server. On wed i set up a new domain
            >for a client using the same machine & DW with a unix server with the same host
            >company and it connects fine?
            >

It sounds like you are connecting to the old server. Are you using the
            domain name as in ftp.domain.com and you have not changed DNS? Try
            ftp'ing to the new server's IP.
            • 3. Re: Changing server types
              MikeL7 Level 1
              The logins are different, that was how i found it was not pointing to the proper server. It was the DNS, the host only changed part of the DNS and it was still resolving to the old server, should be properly resolving later in the day.
              • 4. Re: Changing server types
                Level 7
                On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:54:16 +0000 (UTC), "MikeL7"
                <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>The logins are different, that was how i found it was not pointing to the
                >proper server. It was the DNS, the host only changed part of the DNS and it was
                >still resolving to the old server, should be properly resolving later in the
                >day.

I would take that as a sign that my host didn't know what they are
                doing.