3 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2010 6:58 PM by Rick Gerard

changing the comp size

bdaul Level 1

I have a composition that is used layers that are 2000 x 2400...the comp size is the same size.  It turns out I need the animation to be 118 x 220.  When I changed the composition settings (Width/Height) the size changes BUT the image of interest is cropped.  I need to make sure the whole image pprears in 118 x 220 .

Please tell me there is an easy way.  I hate to have to go back into PS to change the parameters.

Thanks,  --bill

CS4

• 1. Re: changing the comp size
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can use the "Stretch" function in the Render Queue to resize the output during render.

Or, you can use the "Scale Composition" script from File/Scripts/Demo Palette.

• 2. Re: changing the comp size
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Simply nest the comp in another comp with target size and use one of the fit methods. I would not recommend using the stretch option in the render panel, as in my experience it isn't particularly reliable and often produces rubbish results, especially with such extreme scale operations.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: changing the comp size
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go to file>scripts> sample scripts. In there you will find a resize comp script. That is what you should use for your project. It will do a much better job than nesting or resizing it in the output module. I never recommend resizing a composition in the output module.