• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow stream start times/ or server not found with FMIS upgrade

New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from FMS 2 - FMIS 3.5.  Over our internal network videos stream like a dream!  However, accessing them from outside our own network means that they take about 20 seconds to load, or sometimes just get a message saying the server isn't found.

This wasn't a problem with the FMS2 and there have been no changes to firewall settings or anything like that since the old server was up and running without problems.  I have the new server set to use exaclty the same ports, but wonder if there are some other settings which could be causing this?

Networking isn't really my area of expertise, and I have no idea where to start looking to improve things.  Can anyone offer some suggestions as to why this would be happening?  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

That 20 second period makes me suspect and issue with port bindings. It's typical for the Flashplayer to take about 20 seconds for the attempt on port 1935 to time out and try port 80.

In your fms.ini, what do you have the adaptor.hostport set to? Also, is there anything else running on the server that might occupy port 80... perhaps an HTTP server? If so, what's the environment? IIS, apache, windows, Linux, etc?

Also, in your event logs, do you see any errors from FMS suggesting that it can't att

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 20 second period makes me suspect and issue with port bindings. It's typical for the Flashplayer to take about 20 seconds for the attempt on port 1935 to time out and try port 80.

In your fms.ini, what do you have the adaptor.hostport set to? Also, is there anything else running on the server that might occupy port 80... perhaps an HTTP server? If so, what's the environment? IIS, apache, windows, Linux, etc?

Also, in your event logs, do you see any errors from FMS suggesting that it can't attach to a specific port? In windows, this will show up in your event viewer... not sure about Linux.

You might try connecting to the server with a port defined in the url...

rtmp://mydomain.com:1935/application/instance

and

rtmp://mydomain.com:80/application/instance

If you find that either fail consistently, it would suggest that either a port is occupied by another application, or FMS isn't binding to all of the configured ports or IP addresses for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.  Looks like it is being blocked over port 1935 for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines