3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2010 9:20 AM by A.T. Romano

PRE 7 - Exporting Videos to Photoshop.Com

AgilityDogs Level 1

Does anyone use the Share function in PRE 7 task panel to upload videos to Photoshop.com?

Thank you!

JCF

• 1. Re: PRE 7 - Exporting Videos to Photoshop.Com
          nealeh Level 5

Unfortunately not available to us Europeans - so it does not even show as a feature over here. However, if you are having troubles with it you can install, from www.photoshop.com, the 'Adobe Photoshop.com Uploader'. This is a standalone application for accessing your account and using drag & drop for items you want to upload.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: PRE 7 - Exporting Videos to Photoshop.Com
            AgilityDogs Level 1

Neale ... thank you for getting back to me. I have had this problem before.  I get an error message "Failed.  An error occurred during the uploading process. Try again later".  Ofcourse it never does work.  The solution to the problem in the past was to reinstall PRE 7.  I am getting this message again.  I don't want to have to reinstall every time I get this.  I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem.

JCF

PS .  When I couldn't the video to upload using the PRE 8 share function, I did use the Adobe Uploader from Photoshop.com.  It worked.

• 3. Re: PRE 7 - Exporting Videos to Photoshop.Com
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JCF

I prefer not to generalize and apply what works for one thing to another, but.....

I have several versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements installed on my computer...use one at a time. I do have Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7. Within the last few months, my problem is with Photoshop Elements 7 Organizer which periodically will refuse to open. The Full Editor is OK. I have tried every trick in the book to resolve this. Finally, my 100% remedies for this are (1) create a new user account with Administrative Priviledges and run Photoshop Elements 7 in it; Organizer opens without issue OR (2) do a complete and clean uninstall/reinstall of Photoshop Elements 7 in the original User Account with its Administrative Priviledges; Organizer opens without issue.

This is my long way of suggesting that you try the new User Account with Administrative Privileges route if you want to bypass the uninstall/reinstall or the non Share/Online upload to photoshop.com.

I just now tried the Share/Online/Photoshop.com process with my Premiere Elements 7, and it is currently working for me. By the way, does your computer have all the latest versions for its players? Also, do these photoshop.com upload from Premiere Elements 7 failures occur with the same source media format on the Timeline?  Will it work with other source media if you switch to a source media with a different format? I am in a NTSC area and apparently photoshop.com is exporting  H.264 640 x 480  25 frames per second, and associated file at photoshop.com has a mp4 file extension.

ATR