1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2010 2:20 PM by JETalmage-71mYin

I know this is a common thing, but i need help with half tones

Leithl J

This is the problem I have . I am trying to make half tones for screen printing so i need to make solid color halftones to cut down on colors( for example doing a 50% black half tone instead of making a new screen for gray).

I get how to make halftone gradients and rasterize for illustrator, and using the halftone swatches would work if they had them in higher dpi.

Can someone help me out?

• 1. Re: I know this is a common thing, but i need help with half tones
          JETalmage-71mYin Level 3
          function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

I am trying to make half tones for screen printing so i need to make solid color halftones to cut down on colors( for example doing a 50% black half tone instead of making a new screen for gray).

Just fill your gray objects with a 50% tint of the spot color you are printing. In the Print dialog, specify the halftone screen ruling.

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

I get how to make halftone gradients and rasterize for illustrator, and using the halftone swatches would work if they had them in higher dpi.

Assuming you are printing to a PostScript device, you can print as color separations and specify the halftone ruling, angle, and shape for each ink in the Print dialog. You don't have to use any kind of fake halftone such as Pattern Swatch fills.

JET