1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 3:24 PM by DavideBarranca

Photoshop, PixelBender and CS SDK

DavideBarranca Level 1

Hello,

focusing on Photoshop, I'd like to ask this question: is it possible with CS SDK to embed a PixelBender kernel into a Ps extension, in order to apply it to the active Ps document?

With CS4 I know I can script (via ScriptingListener) a PB filter, that must be installed on the local machine (as a .PBK source code file), but a custom made panel couldn't really embed a PBJ compiled filter and apply it to a document, on the fly. I've read (and I still have to watch the DevSummit video) that C++ code can by embedded into kind of a hybrid extension - so I'm wondering whether PB filters can be used as well.

Thanks in advance,

Davide

• 1. Re: Photoshop, PixelBender and CS SDK
          DavideBarranca Level 1

Hello,

has anyone had some success doing that since May 2010?

I've tried without any luck to apply a PBJ as a shader, casting in AS3 a Photoshop layer into an Image, into a Bitmap, into Dr. Frankenstein. The compiler is fine, while debugging leads to very nice and always different errors.

As long as you apply the shader to an image within the extension GUI, it should work, but if you attempt to use the Photoshop activeDocument.activeLayer "as" whatever you like the most (Image, Bitmap, ArtLayer)... it crashes badly.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Davide