8 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2010 1:12 AM by shooternz

CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3

trewqq

I installed CS5 trial to see if it really was an improvement to cs3, but after finding some key effects missing in premiere and the ability to copy and paste keyframes severely impaired, i decided to go back to cs3. Upon attempting to reinstall cs3, i found that i can no longer install it because now it says my system is not compatible, and ive tried running the main setup.exe in a few different compatibility settings.

Anyways, just a warning to anyone looking to try cs5, adobe will do something to your system to keep you from going back. Well, off to reinstall windows.

• 1. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
          TradeWind Level 3

You say you reinstalled CS3? Why didn't you just uninstall CS5...?

Adobe didn't sandbag your system. And you don't need to reinstall Windows.

• 2. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Before installing any major program I always make an image of my hard drive to a USB drive, so I can restore if something goes wrong

I use http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

• 3. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
              Curt Wrigley Level 4

All you had to do was uninstall CS5.  CS3 should not be affected.

But Im curious what key effects are missing from CS5, and how the keyframe pasting is limiting.

• 4. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
                oopp000
                All you had to do was uninstall CS5.  CS3 should not be affected.

RLLLYYY??!!! Its implied that you uninstall a program before installing its equivalent. Here, ill write it out for you so OP doesnt have to:

"Because i didnt like cs5, i uninstalled it with my hand by pushing my mouse towards the uninstall button which i located with my eyes, then i reinstalled cs3 to which it wouldnt let me because it said, using math and pixels, that my OS wasnt compatible, which i read by translating light into electrical impulses, which was then translated into thought and projected into my body in the form of frustration".

To the OP, sounds like the sort of manipulative and underhanded thing adobe would do, not suprised in the least bit.

• 5. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
                  TradeWind Level 3

Well, all I can offer to the OP (and also to oopp000) is that it is neither implied nor explicitly stated anywhere that uninstalling of the previous version(s) is required or even useful before installing the CS5 trial.

See, oopp000, I determined that by placing my hand on my house and using my fingers on the keyboard to view text on the glowing rectangle on my desk. I know it sounds complicated, but it actually wasn't all that hard, and it works for some magical reason. I'm just thankful for Al Gore figuring it all out for me.

In all seriousness, thank you oopp000 for the exhaustive explanation though...I think it really helped us all better understand the OP's real issue, as opposed to the imaginary one we all made up.

• 6. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Christian,

I do see what you mean, related to Al Gore. Makes perfect sense to me now. [Preparing to be banished to the Lounge for the rest of the month - but I have a plan - going to Hawai`i for the rest of May!] Hey, it gives Jeff, Jerry.K and Curt something to do. They all need a break from playing with CS5!

Hunt

• 7. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
                      oopp000 Level 1
                      You say you reinstalled CS3? Why didn't you just uninstall CS5...?

ell, all I can offer to the OP (and also to oopp000) is that it is neither implied nor explicitly stated anywhere that uninstalling of the previous version(s) is required or even useful before installing the CS5 trial.
                      • 8. Re: CS5 blocks upgrade to CS3
                        shooternz Level 6

Had to happen sooner or later...the inmates have taken over the asylum!