3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 8:32 PM by the_wine_snob

Prel 8 - HD? - New Camcorder

signaltech_99 Level 1

Hello,

Does the new Elements 8 support AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) files from HD camcorders?

Thanks a lot

Brian

• 1. Re: Prel 8 - HD? - New Camcorder
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Brian,

The short answer is YES. The longer answer is, it depends. Many mfgrs. use AVCHD pretty liberally, and freely make changes to the format. Most work well, but some do not. Mostly, one will encounter issues with the FPS and Interlaced or Progressive.

Which camera do you have, and what are the full specs. of the AVCHD files produced. Those answers will tell the tale.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - for AVCHD, one needs tons of CPU horsepower - no way around that. If you do not have fast Quad-core, or better, a fast i7, forget it.

• 2. Re: Prel 8 - HD? - New Camcorder
            VOPRO Level 1

Bill, I have tried to eliminate getting upwards of 100 emails a day from you

forum.  I know it's not your fault, but if you could please suggest a way

for me to stop these emails I would really appreciate any advice you can

provide.

You are truly a busy man providing what must be valuable info.  I salute

your knowledge and willingness to assist.

Regards

Greg

• 3. Re: Prel 8 - HD? - New Camcorder
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Greg,

This is very likely to a couple of setting in the forum, regarding e-mail notifications. This ARTICLE will tell you the places to look to make the necessary changes, so that you do not get those e-mail notifications.

There are a couple of places that one must look, and then settings to adjust.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt