1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2010 1:50 PM by Randy Edmunds

Edit FTP-files "live"

wittepoes

Hi all,

I've recently switched from CS3 to CS5 and I have some FTP-problems.

In CS3, I could just work on my FTP-server through Dw, and it would automatically send and retrieve files to/from server.

In CS5, it does send the files to my server. But when I eg. add a folder via FileZilla, and press F5 in CS5, it doesn't show up...

How should I configure CS5 in order to get a 'live' view on the ftp-server, like in CS3

Thanks,

Jan

• 1. Re: Edit FTP-files "live"
          Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

Jan,

How should I configure CS5 in order to get a 'live' view on the ftp-server, like in CS3

DISCLAIMER: It's dangerous to work this way. I recommend that you only do this on a server that has source control or is regularly backed up so that you can get back to where you started (or something reasonably close) if you make a mistake.

Set the Remote Server in your Site definition for "Checkout files when opening" and "Automatically upload files to server on Save".

In the upper-right corner of the Files Panel, there's a drop-down list that defaults to "Local View". If you change that to "Remote Server", then when you double-click on a file, DW automatically downloads a copy to your local folder. On every file save, it uploads your change to the Remote Server.

Regards,

Randy