I have several movie layers and need to insert a pause for a few sec, i.e. freeze a frame across all layers. For a single layer I am using the following technique:
1) Add a keyframe at the pause start point
2) press PgUp, move to the next frame and add another keyframe (A)
3) increase the duration of the composition for the desired pause time
4) select keyframe A and the last keyframe of the layer
5) move this range right as needed
This works perfectly for a single layer. Butit is a real pain to do it for multiple layers, to keep the exact time position of all keyframes. Also, if I change a pause on one layer I have to synchronize other layers accordingly. Is there a better way of doing this?