1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2008 8:26 AM by Newsgroup_User

How to copy/paste 3rd party script into page...

Heyjoojoo Level 1
      I'm always using third party script for adding things like date & time, chat box, and a search your site to my webpage. The only problem is that I seem to have trouble doing that in Dreamweaver. It's easy finding the script but I'm not sure how to "paste the code" onto the page. I know that I cant do this using the regular paste method. So I assumed that I was supposed to use the insert HTML, script method? But when I do this and then preview the page, nothing displays. What am I doing wrong? The search script I'm trying to add is the Google one. Or do you recommend a better one?
        • 1. Re: How to copy/paste 3rd party script into page...
          Level 7
          You CAN use copy-paste in the CODE VIEW of DW.
          Just be sure to paste in the proper section (head or body etc) as required
          by the author.

"Heyjoojoo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fmvsbc$lg1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm always using third party script for adding things like date & time,
          > chat
          > box, and a search your site to my webpage. The only problem is that I seem
          > to
          > have trouble doing that in Dreamweaver. It's easy finding the script but
          > I'm
          > not sure how to "paste the code" onto the page. I know that I cant do this
          > using the regular paste[b/] method. So I assumed that I was supposed to
          > use
          > the
          insert HTML, script method[b/]? But when I do this and then preview
          > the
          > page, nothing displays. What am I doing wrong? The search script I'm
          > trying to
          > add is the Google one. Or do you recommend a better one?
          >